Security Installer Community

Ip Cctv Cameras & Cross Selling To Customers

Why pay those nasty scheming software companies? What loss would they suffer if he pirated it as he wouldn't have bought it anyway therefore they haven't suffered a loss. Balls to the fact of the r&d costs they forked out and overheads they have to pay. Jolly Roger all the way.

thanks Matt,

teen years i used to pirate software, more fir the 'crack' with at a beer and pie party with mates, i did have a phase of getting pirate copies of utility software to trial it, then buy pucker if it did not do what it said on the tin, a lot didn't.

if i could operate it reasonably without diving for any manuals then i'd buy it, or simply dump it. software has come a long way since then, so i just buy the originals.

not claiming from a moral stand point, my advice from experience is you just don't know what lurks inside pirated copy software, and i definitely don't need the the hassle of systems down, repairing.

some times cheaper option to buy earlier versions to check out then upgrade to later version, or wait for prices to drop.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Why pay those nasty scheming software companies? What loss would they suffer if he pirated it as he wouldn't have bought it anyway therefore they haven't suffered a loss. Balls to the fact of the r&d costs they forked out and overheads they have to pay. Jolly Roger all the way.

Ah,

There speaks the forum hypocrite.

thanks Matt,

teen years i used to pirate software, more fir the 'crack' with at a beer and pie party with mates, i did have a phase of getting pirate copies of utility software to trial it, then buy pucker if it did not do what it said on the tin, a lot didn't.

if i could operate it reasonably without diving for any manuals then i'd buy it, or simply dump it. software has come a long way since then, so i just buy the originals.

not claiming from a moral stand point, my advice from experience is you just don't know what lurks inside pirated copy software, and i definitely don't need the the hassle of systems down, repairing.

some times cheaper option to buy earlier versions to check out then upgrade to later version, or wait for prices to drop.

I was making a point from yesterday's thread. We have only ever used licensed software and we spend circa 30% of our turnover on annual software licenses.

I understand software is expensive but it is expensive to make and the creators deserve to get a return in their investment. Not particularly easy to get support for pirate software either.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

teen years i used to pirate software, more fir the 'crack' with at a beer and pie party with mates

what software was that, c45 years ago?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I was thinking the same. Punch cards?

re using team viewer for remote cctv view then id say don't. Cant you use the software that is designed for low bandwidth video where teamviewer is designed for remote support

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

teen years i used to pirate software, more fir the 'crack' with at a beer and pie party with mates

400px-Richard_FitzHugh_analog_computer.j

I guess the only crashing that happend at these partys was the computer ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Arf seen as pal max's out at 0.4 megapixel there is no argument Imo that old style analogue is of any use. The cost saving is a plus but ***** images are still just that. Hdsdi brings Imo the benefits of proper high res without the learning curve of ip, but long term ip is the future. All imho.

thiis current job had all 16 inputs used up, after cars were damaged i needed to get more cameras ti car park. agent was due into hospital for stomach issue, 2 weeks in hospital 4 weeks recuperating, not in a position to discuss technical details.

as a temp emergency measure i used 2 way switchers on 3 inputs to get more cameras, used the less important cameras onto the switchers.

meanwhile i looked around for 32 way or ip solution, ADATA offer a 16 x 16 hybrid advertised as 'IP'.

i know other dislike them and will berate me for using - well stuff them, i have had no issues in the past and still rate the leviathan among the best i've used.

So, that aside i found out it is not pure IP but a kind if addressable system, nothing wrong with that in principle, fire alarms use it as do intruder, but being cautious and always study all back options, while very keenly priced against comparable IP, i was not keen on the idea, if it was rubbish or buggy, your stuck with that DVR or range if cameras, as you can't simply swap out to another make and still use the addressable cameras now bought and installed.

Setting aside anyones personal dislike of LJD/ADATA, the idea of addressable V true ip, by your own favoured maker, in theory is a cheaper way of getting ip quality cameras, but against this is you are tied in to that supplier/range and its limitations, any issues your in a much weaker position them knowing if you ripped it all out, even if they accept it back the additional labour and likely much higher replacement cost is all yours.

what software was that, c45 years ago?

'crew' i was in were heavy into PC's, my 'job' was to crack the game play, operation and write up notes (i have a certain talent for that lol!). some if them were just brilliant at machine code.

then they went into Dragons, ZX81, then Com 20/64/128, spectrums before we all lost interest. looking back, often spend hours cracking the software, and then never used it or sold it on. the challenge was to crack the protection.

classic moment, Spitfire 40 was released at the Novotel Hammersmith computer show @ 9.00 am, another crew we knew bought it, rushed back ti their den, cracked and back to the show within an hour.

When our guy came in with the copy, we were all tired from an all night session. so he runs it up says "heres the scene selection, heres your difficulty level between - Ace if the Base or Pratt of the Pack", a phrase that still makes me laugh.

Archived