Security Installer Community

Ip Cctv Cameras & Cross Selling To Customers

Arf seen as pal max's out at 0.4 megapixel there is no argument Imo that old style analogue is of any use. The cost saving is a plus but ***** images are still just that. Hdsdi brings Imo the benefits of proper high res without the learning curve of ip, but long term ip is the future. All imho.

James, no doubt ip is going to cost wise drop and take over at some time, just look at the last year for this.

I'm just in the prcess of changing a 16 way to hi-brid 16 + 8,. We have 6 ip cameras in the underground car park, where they wanted better defintiion. This uses the best of their existing cameras, and replaced older ones reducing costs

Un-manned site, very good but images at DVR but issues of getting remote client to populate all segments at once.

Tech Advice was to turn dioen from D1 to QCIF, which got a few more segments but whats the point of having IP with lower res?

Had i gone total IP, remote wise i would be in a worse position due to even even more bandwidth needed.

I'm pushing the guy to get a better isp faster higher capability upload, meanwhile the small netbook laptop overcomes the speed issue, and all cameras are now back to D1.

Absolute bull sh!t, you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Go on then Whistle - blow it apart, be my guest!

Go on then Whistle - blow it apart, be my guest!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Using team viewer isnt exact ideal for viewing CCTV over the Internet, if you've got **** broadband it's slow as hell and I doubt it would be of any use for watching footage and trying to find an incident.

We've done a few ip jobs but the customer has allways had a decent Internet connection and Internet network.

We use 1gbit switches for our stuff anyway

Price isn't their key driver. It's the money they save by using them.

Unfortunately price is a big factor to the end buyers.

Unless they wan't to see the hairs in a spider bum good quality analogue is fine and camera units still cheaper.

I have old so called then hi res 420 line cameras that have been in service nearly 18 years, cost bomb at the time. Same spec camera can be had £30 today. Put that price up against lower priced ip, it is still not viable in general imho.

Using team viewer isnt exact ideal for viewing CCTV over the Internet, if you've got **** broadband it's slow as hell and I doubt it would be of any use for watching footage and trying to find an incident.

We've done a few ip jobs but the customer has allways had a decent Internet connection and Internet network.

We use 1gbit switches for our stuff anyway

Appreciate team viewer 8 not ideal for high res, but its a viable work around.

I now use it to remote assist, images are fine that need.and you can use any smart device you want to, no port forwarding, dynddns is a bonus. Sub changes isp - new router your not affected, they get virtually the same user experience as if at the machine.

If you have clients which over time have got different DVR's they use the same familiar routine, many already use team viewer etc. to get account details, so no extra teaching needed.

Appreciate team viewer 8 not ideal for high res, but its a viable work around.

I now use it to remote assist, images are fine that need.and you can use any smart device you want to, no port forwarding, dynddns is a bonus. Sub changes isp - new router your not affected, they get virtually the same user experience as if at the machine.

If you have clients which over time have got different DVR's they use the same familiar routine, many already use team viewer etc. to get account details, so no extra teaching needed.

I do hope you've paid the commercial licence for using team viewer?

Why pay those nasty scheming software companies? What loss would they suffer if he pirated it as he wouldn't have bought it anyway therefore they haven't suffered a loss. Balls to the fact of the r&d costs they forked out and overheads they have to pay. Jolly Roger all the way.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

thanyou for looking after my morality, but no need :)

just like both my motor bikes are insured for business use, i believe in 'playing the game'.

private houses can make up their own mind to go free or paid subscriptions, i just setup an account and demonstrate.

businesses pay their own licence, again if needed i can set it up, either way they can 'invite' me to control their computer, i then view the DVR

thanyou for looking after my morality, but no need :)

just like both my motor bikes are insured for business use, i believe in 'playing the game'.

private houses can make up their own mind to go free or paid subscriptions, i just setup an account and demonstrate.

businesses pay their own licence, again if needed i can set it up, either way they can 'invite' me to control their computer, i then view the DVR

Tut tut.

Don't get me wrong I've got nothing against teamviwer , use it myself for my home server.

IMO VNC is faster tho.

agree again, i find many end users with all respects struggle with anything more technical than a light switch, TV8 has a very smooth well thought out (near idiot proof) front end - even i can use lol!

Tut tut.

?

Archived