Security Installer Community

Ip Cctv Cameras & Cross Selling To Customers

Stop spamming the forum with your pish, if you bothered to make the effort to describe the product correctly as a computer & not SHOUT your typo's perhaps I'd give a toss..

Inaccurate again, GEM as a url is not a computer but an operating system (no winder yiu get confussed about ftuits),

you might notice i had edited out the typos - so should i link to wikipedia for 'spamming' or just the meaning if 'sour loser'?

And i think bad language is a far worse trait than any alledged 'spamming' anyway ;).

Why has anyone not been a bit oire inventive when butchering my forum name 'arfwhit' the best you can do?

Its comming, nearly there ......

I know,

how about 'Arfziemer'.

Think if this as little consolation prize for you, to take home to 'that other dark place of banished trolls,' and claim it for yourself - my treat!

folks, i do like to encourage others to do better, even when i expect to be totally disapointed, it's just the kind of sweet caring guy i really am ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Inscurate again, you might notice i had edited out the typos - should i link to wikipedia for 'spamming' or just the meaning if 'sour loser'?

And i tbink bad language is a far worse trait than alledged 'spamming' anyway ;).

Why has anyone not been a bit oire inventive when butchering my forum name 'arfwhit' the best you can do?

Its comming, nearly there ......

I know,

how about 'Arfziemer'.

Think if this as little consolation prize for you, to take home to 'that other dark place of banished trolls,' and claim it for yourself - my treat!

folks, i do like to encourage others to do better, even when i expect to be totally disapointed, it's just the kind of sweet caring guy i really am ;).

You really do spout some utter shite

More pish...

Inaccurate again, GEM as a url is not a computer but an operating system (no winder yiu get confussed about ftuits),
The 1st & only mention of "GEM as a url is yours ?

why not reach out and grasp hold of reality?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Yes James, totally agree i never disputed that GEM ran on top of MSDOS, just as Wndows. and several others.

Point i was making is GEM is not the product of ATARI, (while they i think they did the most with it), and GEM is not a computer H suggested that later.

GEM v Windows was a bit like the Betamax and VHS competition, only Gem was around first, had good foothold in several machines at the time, then lost out, which was actually better.at the time, who's to say?

I had thought this was a forum, place of discussion, oppinions, exchange of knowledge and comment. So why should little one man band me, just getting the facts right upset anyone - and yet...........?

For anyone who claims i started anything loook at MrH "i'd be f'd without GUI' having a crack at my spelling and typo's as if i'm alone in it. Not got the balls to comment in others or just plain prejudice?

constant bastardising of my forum name - is he thinking that will have any effect, chop me off at the knee's - really? You having a 'g'raf' Dave?

repeated jokes are tedious for everyone (except for Germans apparently), perhaps he will find a new line of 'joke' - i'd bet most every one would want that ffsks.

having an Amstrad Portable i knew GEM was used on it, and guys on the crew had it for IBM' compats, i had remembered Apple's earlier evolvement.

Out of interest, i googled GEM, involved at the time, for me an interesting read. Then the mouse and trackball origins, i had actually thought (mistakenly) Atari invented the original trackball.

Has not changed my life, just interest.

It's simply accuracy and facts guys, i don't choose to live in ignorance - even if i might appear to ;).

pish alert,

and GEM is not a computer H suggested that later.

simple accuracy and facts, I associated the Atari ST-

Atari_ST_1040.jpg

With GEM,

tosabout.png

Clear enough for you Arf?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

"Stop spamming the forum with your pish, if you bothered to make the effort

to describe the product correctly as a computer

Really - its a computer - honest??

& not SHOUT your typo's perhaps I'd give a toss..

Early days, at boot up you 1st ran M$DOS, that left you with a screen showing a flashing curser. then you listed the directory, using syntax allowed you to run a batch file, that then ran the program. GEM was run the same way but was a fancy front end to run further URLS, which saved all that script and syntax which became known as a GUI graphical user interface.

URL is a set of instructions very much the same as i described, which then launched further URLs as the user selected.

Why i called GEM as most then did a URL, because it was called from one O/S being M$DOS.

But it is definitely software - not a computer

Making the mistake of feeding the troll...

do you see the pretty picture of the GUI ?

Note it says 1985 ?

"URL" quotes from wiki-

A uniform resource locator, abbreviated URL, also known as web address

The Uniform Resource Locator was created in 1994%5B2%5D by Tim Berners-Lee and the URI working group of the Internet Engineering Task Force

I may be incorrect but typing stuff in Dos or Linux = Command prompt ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

He also conveniently forgets to acknowledge the xerox alto. This was in fact the first machine with a GUI. Thousands made but used mainly for research by corporate r&d and academic research labs.

Note. No mention of pirates anywhere.

Perhaps he should learn to use his beloved wiki a little better.

Archived