Security Installer Community

Ip Cctv Cameras & Cross Selling To Customers

So...Couple days ago when at a customer who was asking me about IP cameras and asked. 

'What do you think about IP CCTV Cameras?' 

I thought I would ask you guys what you think. 

My personal view was ' I think IP Cameras are a great fleet in technology and moving forward to a more wireless world and connected world and I would recommend getting them fitted in the correct position'  however then explained That he might be worth while looking at a decent set of CCTV of watch and monitor his home from his Smart Phone when away. 

What is your guys view on this? Does anybody here fit CCTV? then Why do you fit it or Choose not to? 

Outcome : Saw customer in ASDA who now asked us to visit him again to get CCTV fitted. 

Finally Does anyone else Cross-Sell other products to the customer? 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure what Asda is like in Scotland but I would swerve any potential customers that shop in Asda down here LOL

On a serious note we developed our own DVR about 5 years back its Hybrid so we can use ip and standard cameras. There are several reasons for this the main one being ip megapixel cameras.

What do you try to upsell/cross-sell to them?

For me it is always telling them about the maintenance package

Fire, access, intruder, CCTV, emergency lighting, broadband, apps, phone lines, extra SLA, warranty, emergency lighting, keyholding to name but a few.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Im not sure what Asda is like in Scotland but I would swerve any potential customers that shop in Asda down here LOL

On a serious note we developed our own DVR about 5 years back its Hybrid so we can use ip and standard cameras. There are several reasons for this the main one being ip megapixel cameras.

Asda up here is a Supermarket however up in Scotland we are too common for a Waitrose.   Nah in my town we have ASDA, 3 Tescos, 2 Morrisons, Sainsbury, Lidli, Aldi & A Farmfoods. 

DVR - They are way forward and think they are quite profitable 

Fire, access, intruder, CCTV, emergency lighting, broadband, apps, phone lines, extra SLA, warranty, emergency lighting, keyholding to name but a few.

Ah the normal and how do you do the Broadband & Phone Lines?

Now that is a very good way of cross selling and they trust you and know you. 

Not bad margin on it either. One of the advantages of IP signalling is you can produce a report showing how **** their existing system is and then offer a decent router, service and all that goes with it. We don't do badly out of it actually.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived