Security Installer Community

Ip Cctv Cameras & Cross Selling To Customers

my view, horses for courses.

ip cameras are a 'buzz' word, the cost has come down considerably. i wonder at the wisdom of using lo mpix cameras,, depending on the need obviously imho you might as well use cheaper high res analogue for general needs, hit a client with top of the range - you will get less sales no matter how good. If money was no object we would all ride around in top class vehicles.

i make the comparison , installing 16 ip cameras, 5 mpixs will give great even fantastic results, but trade off is you need far more gigs of hard drive, simply because your recording much bigger files, going to 5 mpx cameras your unto massive backup needs just to be useful.

higher the res the better upload you need, try and display just 4 ip cameras over an average adsl link.

to overcome this problem, i have installed a small laptop at site hooked into the network. this laptop shows the DVR using it's client software. using team viewer 8 remote desktop, the client logs into the laptop to see the images or recordings. This way your only dealing with screen streaming,

any files needed are saved to laptop, the using big file emailed to wherever required. Because your saving locally it us at the highest possible speed, reviewing recordings is also at the highest speed and no port forwarding, no fixed ip or even dyndns required

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ip cameras are a 'buzz' word, the cost has come down considerably. i wonder at the wisdom of using lo mpix cameras,, depending on the need obviously imho you might as well use cheaper high res analogue for general needs, hit a client with top of the range - you will get less sales no matter how good. If money was no object we would all ride around in top class vehicles.

i make the comparison , installing 16 ip cameras, 5 mpixs will give great even fantastic results, but trade off is you need far more gigs of hard drive, simply because your recording much bigger files, going to 5 mpx cameras your unto massive backup needs just to be useful.

higher the res the better upload you need, try and display just 4 ip cameras over an average adsl link.

to overcome this problem, i have installed a small laptop at site hooked into the network. this laptop shows the DVR using it's client software. using team viewer 8 remote desktop, the client logs into the laptop to see the images or recordings. This way your only dealing with screen streaming,

any files needed are saved to laptop, the using big file emailed to wherever required. Because your saving locally it us at the highest possible speed, reviewing recordings is also at the highest speed and no port forwarding, no fixed ip or even dyndns required

By the same token.

At least one large retailer now fits them as standard on all refits and new builds. Saves them a fortune!!!

By the same token.

At least one large retailer now fits them as standard on all refits and new builds. Saves them a fortune!!!

i did say horses for courses, get those jobs then great, but while you wait for them to crash in your door, they have the clout to drive down prices even from big installers.

i'd suggest most, especially when starting in any trade will deal with much smaller clientel, even where you can loose it for £10.00. Building a good client base from scratch is all about getting an initial foot in the door, and hopefully recommendations that follow due to your good works, gaining a good rep, its then you tend loose less jobs over a relatively small amount.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Arf seen as pal max's out at 0.4 megapixel there is no argument Imo that old style analogue is of any use. The cost saving is a plus but ***** images are still just that. Hdsdi brings Imo the benefits of proper high res without the learning curve of ip, but long term ip is the future. All imho.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i did say horses for courses, get those jobs then great, but while you wait for them to crash in your door, they have the clout to drive down prices even from big installers.

i'd suggest most, especially when starting in any trade will deal with much smaller clientel, even where you can loose it for £10.00. Building a good client base from scratch is all about getting an initial foot in the door, and hopefully recommendations that follow due to your good works, gaining a good rep, its then you tend loose less jobs over a relatively small amount.

Price isn't their key driver. It's the money they save by using them.

I don't get this teamviewer set-up? It's been mentioned in another post. Why not just buy a 5mp camcorder from Argos, hook upto the laptop and do the same thing? Camera will only cost you £25 then...

Works in the wet does it?

Absolute bull sh!t, you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Archived