Security Installer Community

Ip Cctv Cameras & Cross Selling To Customers

'often spend hours cracking the software, and then never used it or sold it on. the challenge was to crack the protection.

TBH in a world w/o GUI I think you would be completely ******

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I was thinking the same. Punch cards?

re using team viewer for remote cctv view then id say don't. Cant you use the software that is designed for low bandwidth video where teamviewer is designed for remote support

your only transmitting the screen, minor data involved. using the supplied client over internet got about 10 images displayed, down load any files takes ages.

clients current isp is Talk Talk. Getting him to change to BT Infinity 2 with unlimited data usage would be a step forward, but his recent hospital trip, he is just not up to the paperwork.

just one of the calls he got - "the mirror on my wife's Vespa scooter has been damaged - sometime between Friday night and Tuesday morning, no not that Thursday, the last one".

they have no idea how long that period and the cost that would take to review, bike was parked in Wrong place out of view of a camera, they expect satellite cameras to be repositioned, all available local CCTv to be reviewed, Interpol to get envolved - CSI HAS A LOT TO ANSWER FOR!

anyway, i find it great in comparison,

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

TBH in a world w/o GUI I think you would be completely ******

Today i agree, GUI was just a dream, GEM was the closest, big copy write pumchup when earliest windows was released.

In some way the pirates (not mt crew) helped/)dove the idea ifof GUI, tsome developed slick menu systems so you could sellect from several programs, that geared up when recordable cd and burners came out.

I find it awful in comparison but if the system isn't designed for low bandwidth then i can see it would operate better but that's a fault of the system imo

Its not the kit bandwidth but ip.

Thing is James it gives very acceptable results for adjusting camera stops, camera tittles all the mundane stuff.

The DVR and new cameras are from System Q, (not a box shifter outfit). I ran the idea via John in tech, he thought it was a novel idea, he had not tried it out.but did not throw up any concerns.

The pc i use is on W7, i tried W8 but the remote client would not work, this i get D1 and remote. Tbh, few clients would know the difference, at site its not an issue, recordings are unaffected, general viewing is fine with less lag than the remote client.

The client can check recordings very quickly, save direct to the pc , transfer faster and review at full D1 on his PC if needed for higher def playback, nothing is 'lost'.

I thought in those days 'cracking' software just meant getting an Amstrad 2 deck and photocopying the manual??

First PC i owned was a luggable Amstrad 'clam shell' with two 3.5 inch floppy drives

Gem was the amstrad 1640 gui and ran in dos. I think windows 1 existed but windows didn't take of till 3.0 if i recall. Then 3.1 exploded and then 3.11 windows for workgroups started the p2p networking and was the beginning of the end for novell

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived