Security Installer Community

Water Very Common When Servicing Cctv

skar

I chisel the wall out, fit a 20mm self seal gland as usually the hole in the back is threaded, squirt silicon in the gland, squirt silicon over the screw heads, run a bead of silicon all around the camera base/wall except about an inch on the bottom

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I chisel the wall out, fit a 20mm self seal gland as usually the hole in the back is threaded, squirt silicon in the gland, squirt silicon over the screw heads, run a bead of silicon all around the camera base/wall except about an inch on the bottom

Thats how it should be done (other than screws IMO as the silicon can sometimes cause issues unless the lid is off until its cured.

Anyone who doesn't silicon 3 sides of IP rated plastic JBs (no not the bottom Norm) and vandal cameras hasn't fitted enough to understand why we do it!

Thats how it should be done (other than screws IMO as the silicon can sometimes cause issues unless the lid is off until its cured.

Anyone who doesn't silicon 3 sides of IP rated plastic JBs (no not the bottom Norm) and vandal cameras hasn't fitted enough to understand why we do it!

shouldnt have to silicone external devices imo,as thats where they are designed to do,tho some gear isnt up to the job its desgined to do,i always used to add a good slap on the bottom of rsc's,tho a found a couple of washers to raise it a couple of mill worked better from the piss and god knows what else you find in the high street that makes them rot so much

Archived