Security Installer Community

Water Very Common When Servicing Cctv

skar

I have started using silicone around RSC contact's, while it's not required it does seem to make them last longer.

Still I think there's something wrong if you have to use silicone to seal a VRD.

A few I have seen recently say not to use silicone in there instructions.

Salad bowl , wtf

you might well scorn, but a very cheap highly effective fix against heavy rain running down the outside of the cover bowl, effectively defeating the camera.

1st place, where this was done to two cameras side by side above an office entrance. and building front is grade 2 listed. these cameras looked like old fashioned gas lamps, drew comment about the care taken to preserve the looks.

i've showed a picture to a trade supplier, they were that impressed they wanted to order them wholesale.

i'll try to find thie photo's, i'm due back in a few months there as building is being changing from serviced offices to flats.

the prototypes were even worse..

attachicon.gifcctv.jpg

now that really would be ott - so did you use 'pinhole' cameras? :)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I have started using silicone around RSC contact's, while it's not required it does seem to make them last longer.

Still I think there's something wrong if you have to use silicone to seal a VRD.

A few I have seen recently say not to use silicone in there instructions.

that might be more to do with handling returns and getting the sealant off (or all over the staff) if nothing actually wrong with the camera?

Delusions of grandeur still abound I note.

nay! gran'dad'eur more like!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived