Security Installer Community

Water Very Common When Servicing Cctv

skar

IMHO item needed fitting like thisattachicon.gifgob up.jpg

to prevent that problem i prefer to make a simple bracket from galvanised sheet steel so dome is underneath, i also fit the poly lid off a £0.99 12" ish salad bowl, remove air vent gives a neat hole for cables, to stop rain getting on the lens, and also acts as an excellent gasket.

joint boxes all cables enter from below, whats nor holed can't leak, i like those black poly mains junction boxes with the rubber blind grommets and clip on lids so no screws to rust, silicone or plumbers mate to the lid joint, find needs no drain holes.

where boxes already in place by previous installer then i drill several 2mm holes, as just 1 or 2 can get blocked.

if coming through a wall then joints in dome wall bracket, or housing, or depending in wall type aesthetic needs, i sink boxes with square hole cutter, leaving just the lid 'proud'. i always ensure any are kept a high as possible, don't cut off power plugs as that kill warranty more of a pain to swap out, plus if i need it i can power a test monitor with a 'Y' lead.

// waits formoans about long post ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived