Security Installer Community

Customers Smoking

magpye

Throw tab ends away/out of the car windows, take a last drag at the smoking shelter, walk back inside and exhale. Gurgle whilst they cough, take a 20 minute break every hour. Have time off sick, smoke in cars with children but that's ok because they have wound the window down 4mm. Etc etc etc

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

smoke in cars with children

During the xmas break I did a CMV in the city center,

Watched a women return to a late reg insignia parked on the d yellows with 4/5 children & blue badge in the window, one child had some form of disability (mental)& was in a push chair despite being the eldest the other younger ones on foot.

Anyway she loads the kids into the car I wasn't paying enough attention as to whether there was enough seats or booster for them & she sits in the drivers seat & lights up with the full tribe on board.

I had this fuuny feeling I'm working hard to pay for those that live of the state ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Maybe I just don't go the same places you guys so. What do they do that annoys you so much?

I live in a Close, 20 houses, NO ONE from the 20 houses smokes. 

The house opposite me has, unfortunately, a bed ridden gentleman who has carers x2 visit 3x day. One of each pair smokes, guess where the dog end goes.  

Didn't know they made cars with no ashtray!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

It may be me being a miserable old git, but if I saw anyone flicking tab ends or any other rubbish out I would say something if given the chance.

I do, what do you think the reaction is then  "f*** ***, mind your own business" or similar.

I've just remembered that my local Council is good at sorting out people who throw litter from their cars (when reported by the public).

Dog end is litter and I'm public, got the number as well, see it every day, perhaps ....................... .   

I'll give it one more try at education first.    If not, I'll fill in the form.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Throw tab ends away/out of the car windows, take a last drag at the smoking shelter, walk back inside and exhale. Gurgle whilst they cough, take a 20 minute break every hour. Have time off sick, smoke in cars with children but that's ok because they have wound the window down 4mm. Etc etc etc

Totally agree. As a parent I can't imagine why someone would do that.

I live in a Close, 20 houses, NO ONE from the 20 houses smokes. 

The house opposite me has, unfortunately, a bed ridden gentleman who has carers x2 visit 3x day. One of each pair smokes, guess where the dog end goes.  

Didn't know they made cars with no ashtray!

Thats quite disrespectful.

I do, what do you think the reaction is then  "f*** ***, mind your own business" or similar.

I've just remembered that my local Council is good at sorting out people who throw litter from their cars (when reported by the public).

Dog end is litter and I'm public, got the number as well, see it every day, perhaps ....................... .   

I'll give it one more try at education first.    If not, I'll fill in the form.

Friendly :proud:  Saying that I don't know many smokers these days, know a few that gave up so maybe I'm just a bit ignorant to the problem. I've seen it in public where people use the pavement as an ashtry which upsets me but they seem to carry on without thought someone has to tidy up.

I went into a store the other day and notice they have all the cigarettes in a closed cupboard now. Presumably some health drive on top of the nasty pictures and warning such as SMOKING THIS WILL KILL YOU messages. Judging by the queue, wasn't having much effect.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Yes they banned cigarettes on show in supermarkets at least.

Again as an ex smoker I find it disgusting.

Was in a m8ts van and he smokes, just hung out of the window, but he parked up and I went into the shop for him and was amazed its not far off a Tenner for a packet now. So how do these "unemployed" afford a 40 a day habbit??

One week = £110 roughly.  I did`nt think they got that much.....................am I missing something?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Oxo" data-cid="299642" data-time="1358002731"><p>

Yes they banned cigarettes on show in supermarkets at least.<br />

<br />

Again as an ex smoker I find it disgusting.<br />

Was in a m8ts van and he smokes, just hung out of the window, but he parked up and I went into the shop for him and was amazed its not far off a Tenner for a packet now. So how do these "unemployed" afford a 40 a day habbit??<br />

<br />

One week = £110 roughly. I did`nt think they got that much.....................am I missing something?</p></blockquote>

My mrs friend said her husband earns 35k sales rep( ******* hate sales reps) anyway gets made redundant and gets a job 16 hours a week ( 3 nights) at a local bar. She showed she has more money every month now than they did before so why would he want to do 50 hours a week again? Goverment has got it all wrong. And the low lifes are out there living it up!!

Archived