Security Installer Community

Customers Smoking

magpye

Well, for the record. I'm lucky in that I've worked all my life and never needed social security. I do think its quite admirable we have social security and i have no issue at all with people who use it when in hard times. It's the people who make a living out if it that I have it in for.

I work very hard for my money, quite often an 18 hour day 6 days a week which people on thist forum who know me personally will be truly aware. I'd ask you not make presumptions of what I do or don't do all day unless you have 1st hand experience which incidentally if you want to spend the day with me to find out, the door is always open.

i agree,people should not take what they do not deserve..

It opened my eyes a lot when I went to the US and saw what not having a safety blanket for people in need results in and even myself who has antifreeze in my veins felt it was inhumane.

I suppose it's like most things setup with good intent, there will always be people who take advantage. I totally believe there will be tons of people on social security who's pride is dented claiming it and would jump at going back to work tomorrow and not needing it anymore and I feel for these people. The other clan believe hey are entitled to all us working mugs to pay for their existence and have no desire to want to contribute to the kitty. My mums has worked for DWP and its various incarnations through the years and from what she says I believe that policy changes that are either in or being brought in is finally beginning to try and address this issue and that the government of the day is quite keen on tackling this issue. Like anything it will take time but why most of these benefits aren't time limited in someway seems daft. Understood people with illness might not be fit for work ever but I know a few people who are perfectly capable of work and have equally no intention of ever doing so.

I don't object to the subsidy benefits where people on low money get top ups to make ends meet. A least they are having to do something to get it other than prop up Jeremy Kyles viewing figures.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

As a Londoner and an ex smoker, i note there are no bins in London to dispose of butts in, since the square mile became a security zone anyways. Is this the same elsewhere? Isnt it the lack of bins that encourages the throw it anywhere attitude, at least in London?

There are "Stubbies" elsewhere, just not the square mile.

I'm meant to feel guilty for working since leaving school?

I hope not because I left to go to work too, as most of us probably did. Whats so special?

Fairy muff, it just came across like you were the only one to do it.

And I have needed benefits in the past and its damn right embarrassing. Trust me on that when you have to fight to get a pittance.  But on the other hand with all the tax and insurance I have paid its not even dented my contributions made.

I'd love to see the whole country doing it, be great for everyone. I can imagine its not a nice thing to do and I'm lucky I've not needed to. Don't get me wrong we've had hard times and its been unpleasant but luckily managed to stay in work. What you say doesn't seem to be different that those that have paid in time after time seem to struggle to get anything but those who have it as a career choice don't seem to share such problems in getting what they want.I just can't compute who someone would want to sit at home all day and do nowt when they could go out and do something with their time. Don't get me wrong, i work too many hours as there never seems enough hours in the day but I'd rather it was that way that sat on my behind.

Thats what its there for ox and i can understand why you didnt want to. But your not in a council house scratching your balls drinking special brew on all our money like some of the shitbags out there.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's not social security we're against, it's just the wont work vermin that abuse it,

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived