Security Installer Community

Customers Smoking

magpye

In a way, doesn't the more badges mean potentially the company can offer a lot more? Eg I'd much prefer to have a company that had NACOSS Gold/Access/CCTV/Fire Gold/ARC Gold and could do them all in house rather than one that just had NACOSS Gold and subbed the monitoring to a 3rd party and didn't do or doesn't have the badge for the others.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

It may seem strange that I take umbrage at the move given that we have NSI Gold / Fire / 8418 / ARC, BAFE 203 as well as us being the first electronic security firm in the UK to achieve ISO9001 so we can certainly show numbers.

But it is the old 'plain english' thing that bothers me.  It should be immediately clear to clients with a distinctive logo to demonstrate achieved standards.

Using the same logo for each will result in companies using their own choice of wording which will just lead to confusion (intentionally) and give clients and end users a rough deal or at best less clarity.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

I strongly disagree with the multi scope NSI push. I never asked to be NSI inspected for access or CCTV. As for monitoring we sub this to NSI ARC just as others use sub installers. We started monitoring and decided it wasn't viable until we reached 500k monitoring revenue. so not viable IMO

Customers!

Ref the Bose debate i am sure that the audio forum goers just dont like the fact that bose kit simply works straight out of the box with no adjustments and the sound is brilliant.

The little wave guide CD player is just amazing and not an OFC or filtered mains socket in sight!

Thing is though, they backup their gripes with evidence. I have wave radio, qc3 headphones, pc speakers, soundlink, lifestyle. I have spent probably around 8k on their products and out of all of them the qc3 earphones and my lifestyle sound ok, not anything brilliant and the others sound rubbish. I've heard far better from stuff 1/4 the price but they are unknown brands compared to Bose. I had their outdoor speakers at my last house and they were good.

It seems a topic that devides people. You have the people who religiously defend Bose and those that hate it because they think they sell 2nd rate rubbish. This site has a few guys on it that dislike them. http://www.head-fi.org/t/586015/bose-why-does-it-get-laughed-at-in-the-audiophile-community-are-the-products-really-that-bad/30

I fit between the 2. I've read enough evidence that its mediocre sound and heard much better with my own ears but the strong marketing keeps me buying it, even though my ears don't particularly like the sound.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived