Security Installer Community

Ats Control Panel

douglas mungai

after 10 years in the industry i've never heard 1 person say they actually like having ADT as a supplier.  

IMHO the subscriber hates any industry std alarm co. they'd sing the praises of the Arf's who'll do what they want rather than sick close to regs

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

re links failing.Not on the classics nor the later dimensions. But yes early dimensions and G3's they were a bit ****
I've got link failures on gd and acknowledgment from Honeywell r&d that they are fully aware of it and going to do and all about it.
4 lines , well designed will be fine for 99% of jobs.Then use Mk7s or 8s for the mundane stuff. You get multiple touch screens on ATS? Agreed the code and reverse engineering at first was a bit lame. But things get better, Still awaiting the list.Ahh sorry m8, should have spotted that myself.But I had mentioned Cooper  so was stuck in one mindse Again soz. A few now have this "search" facility for a node/rio/rem/lec you get the idea. Before none even had a piezo fitted. But a better way I agree.
Unlimited datalines on RS485 on ATS. Patience on the list. I'm having to refer to the premier eng manual as I'm not that familiar with it unlike the other 2. It's a few years since we used it and features could have been added. You wouldn't want me to do a half baked job would you?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I've got link failures on gd and acknowledgment from Honeywell r&d that they are fully aware of it and going to do and all about it.

Unlimited datalines on RS485 on ATS. Patience on the list. I'm having to refer to the premier eng manual as I'm not that familiar with it unlike the other 2. It's a few years since we used it and features could have been added. You wouldn't want me to do a half baked job would you?

New post? And please do share

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Sad but true.
+1
New post? And please do share
I have a list if many things that are dodgy in Galaxy that they aren't going to fix. We got a ton of data but some under NDA. Let me see what's covered by that NDA and what's not and what's not ill happily share. I'm not saying the panels ****, but it does have a lot wrong with it especially under the hood in its protocols and way it works and a lot of the advanced features that are in there, don't work under certain conditions or if at all and this halo that some people think it has, is tarnished when you see some if its failings.

matt,why do you use ats,was it a choice or did you take over say intial contracts and they become your oanel of choice,as the only co i know who chose to install them was inital.

+1

I have a list if many things that are dodgy in Galaxy that they aren't going to fix. We got a ton of data but some under NDA. Let me see what's covered by that NDA and what's not and what's not ill happily share. I'm not saying the panels ****, but it does have a lot wrong with it especially under the hood in its protocols and way it works and a lot of the advanced features that are in there, don't work under certain conditions or if at all and this halo that some people think it has, is tarnished when you see some if its failings.

like what?....

It was the issues with Galaxy that made us rip out our galaxy estate ( at our cost ) to ATS.We won an innovation award from Honeywell for all the interfaces we had done for galaxy and our skill with it but after using some of those features unmasked that it wasn't quite as good as people thought and ATS was the only panel we had come across that did do the things galaxy had claimed but actually did. It cost us a killing changing all those galaxy panels out especially as most re big systems but we had little choice. Don't get me wrong dealing with Aritech was hard work but I believe it is only us and VSG that use them in a big way in the UK.

Id be very interested as im still using the GD for our grade 3 stuff.

Not jsut Galaxy, would it be worth having a section on TSI for known issues with all product we use and any known workarounds?

Archived