Security Installer Community

Ats Control Panel

douglas mungai

Didn't dodge anything. We use UDL but I when was doing some testing on our new 2103s in the training room I didn't feel the need to reach for MAS to program it. I like the fact certain things are standard across our estate such as flags and macros and having a template that is downloaded via UDL is a good way of doing that but that isn't any different from another manufacturer. If we didn't want standardisation then then the engineers could program them as they likes as do most engineers.

I'll do the list when I get back to my pc.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Well it was asked what it does thats better.

So a comparision would be good, that list for example.

Ahh we posted at the same time.

To the point of not reaching for MAS, a lot now thing using a keypad is difficult once using UDL.

The skills are diminishing , there will be a point an engineer cannot (And I mean the thickos) add a new zone or adjust an output.

I like macros, they are useful. I was sold on the Risco Prosys, but it didn't work with regards to UK complance. One very small thing I loved was the fact you could prog each zone to be part of confirmation or not, much easier than grouping them. We would set shocks as intruder but PIRs as confirmed, so no matter how many times a shock is activated it will only send intruder, once PIR is triggered a confirmed goes through.

Well it was asked what it does thats better.

So a comparision would be good, that list for example.

Ahh we posted at the same time.

To the point of not reaching for MAS, a lot now thing using a keypad is difficult once using UDL.

The skills are diminishing , there will be a point an engineer cannot (And I mean the thickos) add a new zone or adjust an output.

I must admit I prefer UDL if doing anything major but little things like you mention such as a new zone should be doable via the keypad. The days of engineers being replaced with fitters sadly seems inevitable. It wouldn't shock me if like in the US any chimp inc the DIYer can fit the hardware and just have a monitoring contract. Hopefully the current acpo/insurance requirements will prevent this but I've seen a few policies of late where an alarm isn't even a requirement so they could fit a DIY job if needed.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

but I've seen a few policies of late where an alarm isn't even a requirement so they could fit a DIY job if needed.

As we all have,

Lets see what happens when a major claim is made.

A few years ago I was fitting safes people never wanted. The gun cabinates were of course obligatory.

But many never wanted the safe but the insurers insisted.

. It's was an access control system that had intruder added into it. I

ahh.we think the same matt(oh hell) :teehee:  ive only seen them on takeovers and thats exactly what i thought,the menus  seem geared to access and cctv,still dont like them tho... :no: ,its nowhere near a 3gs by the way which is the rolls royce of panels..

Oxo have a look at the full manual. Bear in mind the 1070 is only a baby G2 panel its not a Dimension but has a lot of power and flexability imo

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/files/file/1137-hkc-1070-full-installation-manual/

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived