Security Installer Community

Ats Control Panel

douglas mungai

Using the same logic ADT and Chubb are much better than all us muppets he as they have more systems than us.

in the main they are,there the leaders of this industry,you dont get that big by doing it wrong all the time.

the latest touch screen is way better than the old one,has prox too,its great for reading logs and the output switching for lights/opening doors etc is popular
Agreed, apart from the fact it draws so much chitchat on the 485 line that it slows everything else down and that you can only have 1 per line to avoid meltdown. Worrying there is nothing to stop you fitting more than 1 per line and causing such a drain on the line that it destabilises the system which is poor engineering. Saying that that touch centre wasn't designed for Galaxy, it comes from Honeywell heating and bodged with a bit of code to make it work with a galaxy rather than being designed for it.
in the main they are,there the leaders of this industry,you dont get that big by doing it wrong all the time.
I'm not sure what to say. I've never had anyone refer to those 2 companies as industry leaders before.Neither of those companies became the superpowers they are through doing great installations and providing top notch service.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I agree with handovers, always my "argument " here. Do it right and the issues stop.

W/F eng RKP okay good point but I can wire into a RIO if need be. So not a big issue, or on a big site use the laptop.

GD series brought the access into another "Dimension"  sorry for that, :D

ive wired into a rio before too ox,still a chew on tho,if galaxy could make a w/f rkp you can walk around a big site with point at a rio and take its readings or press a button that makes the rio beep when you cant find it  id be a vey happy man,its all available with the 3gs,thats why it gets my vote

4 lines , well designed will be fine for 99% of jobs.

Then use Mk7s or 8s for the mundane stuff.

You get multiple touch screens on ATS?

Agreed the code and reverse engineering at first was a bit lame. But things get better,

Still awaiting the list.

Sorry TS = touchscreen

Ahh sorry m8, should have spotted that myself.

But I had mentioned Cooper  so was stuck in one mindset.

Again soz.

ive wired into a rio before too ox,still a chew on tho,if galaxy could make a w/f rkp you can walk around a big site with point at a rio and take its readings or press a button that makes the rio beep when you cant find it  id be a vey happy man,its all available with the 3gs,thats why it gets my vote

A few now have this "search" facility for a node/rio/rem/lec you get the idea. Before none even had a piezo fitted. But a better way I agree.

Saying that that touch centre wasn't designed for Galaxy, it comes from Honeywell heating and bodged with a bit of code to make it work with a galaxy rather than being designed for it.

it was taken from the i center,a ts keypad from the states,hence the americanised police and help buttons

I'm not sure what to say. I've never had anyone refer to those 2 companies as industry leaders before. Neither of those companies became the superpowers they are through doing great installations and providing top notch service.

well youve only been in the game 5 mins,you'll get to learn.. :-

Links are **** and the code behind controlling them is equally **** and prone to failure. I'd trust £10 timer relay more too.

never had a link fail,ever,you just have to understand its source and destination,

Had issues with links running locks etc. There was a bug in the g3 that was carried over to the dimension where after 45 (i think) sets/ unsets the link would fail to operate as programmed.

A 51-17 or power cycle would bring them back.

We found out as we upgraded a glassic to a g3 and made loads of grief for ourselves. Took honeywell 4 months to fix it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived