Security Installer Community

Ats Control Panel

douglas mungai

Had issues with links running locks etc. There was a bug in the g3 that was carried over to the dimension where after 45 (i think) sets/ unsets the link would fail to operate as programmed.

A 51-17 or power cycle would bring them back.

We found out as we upgraded a glassic to a g3 and made loads of grief for ourselves. Took honeywell 4 months to fix it

never seen that one tbh james,tho gal software has had a few bugs in the past,chip changes were normal at one time.. O_O

in the main they are,there the leaders of this industry,you dont get that big by doing it wrong all the time.

after 10 years in the industry i've never heard 1 person say they actually like having ADT as a supplier.  

No it had been ok for years. Is ok again now. PLus it wasnt locks as such

We had some systems where we opened and closed the shutters from the external max redaers. We used links as the inteligence. After 45 arms the shutter would fail.

The links were quite complex with the safety overides and the fail to set timer etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

never had a link fail,ever,you just have to understand its source and destination,

had them fail a few times and i understand perfectly the source and destination.  i can think of 2 instances (different customers using links for different purposees) and they've failed.

after 10 years in the industry i've never heard 1 person say they actually like having ADT as a supplier.  

so why do they still exsist,they should be out of business working on that theory...adt/tyco are not were they are by installing bad jobs everyday as most people think they do..they are where they are because they do it right,so just to compare yours and theres..link below

http://www.tyco.com/

No you do it by acquisition 

they do,but they still have to keep doing a good job or they will cease to exsist..chubb bought inital for the same reason,there still going too,

No it had been ok for years. Is ok again now. PLus it wasnt locks as such

We had some systems where we opened and closed the shutters from the external max redaers. We used links as the inteligence. After 45 arms the shutter would fail.

The links were quite complex with the safety overides and the fail to set timer etc.

Still a pulse back.

Even with shutters hence the use of IN4004 cathode..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jameswilson" data-cid="301164" data-time="1358623778"><p>

Ok yes technically but the outputs were driving handy relays first. But anyone it was a confirmed bug and as such links were a pain a few years ago.</p></blockquote>

To be fair, I haven't used kinks in the last couple of years as I've described above so can't say if the problems are still there ( the relays work is why bother going back to links!)

Archived