Security Installer Community

Local Arc Closure.

PSE

It is not going to be added to the WAP server application as they are instead developing a dedicated Android / iPhone application to take its place with much better functionality.  As for a timeline on that...Late 2013 would probably be optimistic

No love for Windows phone? :P

Only slightly off topic (2 post above) - I love my Windows Phone! At least it's supported by Synology. And you're speaking to someone who kept a Siemens brick going until late last year because I couldn't stand Android / iPhone etc... despite having tried them.

Anyway, lots of props here for EMCS. Someone suggested that even though SSAIB application might be a while off, I should at least be offering customers the option of 'Notification Only' via an ARC. Assuming this is something they are happy to do at a reasonable cost, I might just give them a call.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I love my Windows Phone! At least it's supported by Synology. And you're speaking to someone who kept a Siemens brick going until late last year because I couldn't stand Android / iPhone etc... despite having tried them.

this type of thing ?

HTC-Windows-Phone-8X-600x368.jpg

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

+1

If we have issues with them which are fairly rare (1000+ sites) Its gets sorted

WEB portal is good via training, WAP port perfect for service enginners no training needed

though i'm pushing like mad to get the comms path tagged in for each signal on WAP port EG CH1 fire "GPRS" Ch1 restore "PSTN" etc

Karl their IT guy pushing the software guys to get added in ASAP

Should not be that hard but seems to take a while for Mentor or whatever they are called to sort anything. I would also like an app as an option instead of WAP. Also a site search rather than chip no. Only. I know they say its for security but can be a pain.

Rather than all this guessing i've just spoken to MCS and we have some good news, new application is going to be HTML5 based so it should work on WP also - Early testing should be Q2 this year if things go to plan.

Sounds good, if not a little late. Thanks for the info.

Archived