Security Installer Community

Local Arc Closure.

PSE

Just received a letter today, From our local ARC that they are closing their monitoring service.
The company we use are Security Services, They are just 5 minutes away from us. Some on here are familiar with them.

Its just a brief letter stating that due to expansion and company growth in other areas that they have decided to

appoint EMCS as the provider ands out-source all their monitoring to them. All current customers will be migrated over coming weeks.
They are also giving the option to cancel and move to alternative providers if you wish, and issue credits where due.

They will no longer be accepting any signalling after March 31st 2013, Thats their final date for the ARC.

Obviously I'm a little concerned here. Who uses EMCS, Are they any good ??

Regards

Seems like it just isn't viable and a sell out to EMCS.

EMCS are the only truly independant 3rd party ARC. I have visited and it is a nice setup although we don't use them ourselves. Heard nothing but good things about them. Ronnie from RFS has just started putting some their way from Southern and he was impressed with them.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I had a few with them, but transfered them to my main ARC they seemed a bit average tbf and they were still sending us report fax's of zero contracts years after we canceled, despite the fact we called them several times and asked them to stop. I here they are better than custodian though

Always a shame to hear about it.  I hope Pete and the staff come out OK.

ARCs are pretty badly bruised and squeezed after the changes in our industry over the years.  It is requiring some pretty determined people and a touch of innovation to steer a course that keeps things profitable and ready for future growth.

Worst case scenario is where firms shrink and shrink with no plan for growth, whatever that plan may be.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Always a shame to hear about it.  I hope Pete and the staff come out OK.

ARCs are pretty badly bruised and squeezed after the changes in our industry over the years.  It is requiring some pretty determined people and a touch of innovation to steer a course that keeps things profitable and ready for future growth.

Worst case scenario is where firms shrink and shrink with no plan for growth, whatever that plan may be.

Does your arc operate as its own standalone business or are you ring fenced as the in house arc?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I'm going to give EMCS a call myself tomorrow, Get an account setup with them before hand

Might make the whole transfer process a little easier, And also need to know their hardware and annual rates.

Regards,

EMCS are our main ARC, they offer almost every platform.

All in all I can't fault them, I've used them for a while now, about 5 years. If you have any questions ask away.

EMCS are our main ARC, they offer almost every platform.

All in all I can't fault them, I've used them for a while now, about 5 years. If you have any questions ask away.

Archived