Security Installer Community

Approved Co Ooop North

Toothless tigers. I wonder what goes on in the gas world. As a consumer I would be horrified if gas safe let their engineers get away with what our inspectoraites let ours do, and it doesn't make me proud to say that.

From my own experience with SSAIB, the relationship is a good one but we don't do anything wrong. I've no idea how they react with rogues. I have seen them boot people out, but I don't know how many are in the SSAIB who really shouldn't.

I know the inspectorates are meant to be non for profit, but in a way we are all customers of theirs, and no one likes loosing customers now do they?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

We shouldnt be seen as customers though should we?

I agree, but the real issue is the lack of teeth within both, which I assume is caused by the fact there are two in the first place.

Yep gives us all if we wanted the argument 'you push this and ill cancel'

do nsi and ssaib have a retention's dept that does deals? Should not be competitve. I dont care who it is but should be only 1.

I have said in the past. Its like have 2 competing driving licence authorites. If one bans me can i go to the other and pay my fees. Or jump to the other when i have 9 points on the one? 

re gas safe, just the one afaik but id guess they do the same sampling system our 2 do?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You get "Probation" and all inspected IIRC then you`re let loose and randomly inspected.

But they have different eithics to most drummed into them, not to say there are not some bad. But on the whole they are good as I said its got to jail tiime in a error.

Not a non conformity.

Deals, not at all!

We currently have intruder alarms, cctv, access & 8418.

We asked for a deal to do ISO, 5878, Bafe all 4, 5979, and the environmental ones and got told where to go. No discounts, same price as if we were doing 1 or all of them.

I can only talk for the 2 inspectors I've had over the years but they do dig on the paperwork and quite indepth on the product side of things but they don't rule with an iron fist.

When I get my first non confirmity ever tomorrow I'll be back on here complaing they are too strict!

You cannot compare, a bad gas install gets you jail time.

They re-exam at certain periods, at a high cost.

You just cannot compare.

Fair point, not quite the same severity as not tampering a JB.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Not right but I've seen it happen too often. I've known NSI companies go bust and SSAIB let them straight in. Not wishing to weaken my argument from the other night about NSI but there was a company local to us that was gold, the guy who owned it got done for fraud and falsifying alarm logs in an insurance claim and is now up and running again witht the name they traded as with NSI as an SSAIB company.

Your Lancashire based.The gentleman was more foolish than dishonest. He had no way back to NACOSS from his error .

I cant beleive he has now been entertained by any inspectorate. Once convicted he had to go. How does SSAIB justify this? 

Customers!

Your Lancashire based.The gentleman was more foolish than dishonest. He had no way back to NACOSS from his error .

I cant beleive he has now been entertained by any inspectorate. Once convicted he had to go. How does SSAIB justify this? 

By having served his penance and amended his ways?

Archived