Security Installer Community

Approved Co Ooop North

I did raise the point that ukas should enforce a system where there is a time period from a certain point ie next inspection after a NC if not resolved where they cannot just jump to another body.

current posistion as ssaib or nsi allows me to ignore the rules and when finally kicked join the other. Then run that course and jump back. 

This should not continue. IF an inspected company has a NC then that starts the block. say 2 yrs or even 12 months before you can even aplly to the other. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

All they have to do is apply for SSAIB. So having failed to sort out Non compliances,

The Co's which I'm thinking of did not ditch Gold for SSAIB.

Co. A, was the low end GOLD Co. which maintained its GOLD & QA for some yrs until contracts sold in an attempt to emigrate, which was not successful for whatever reason. Appeared sometime latter as an electrician, then a few yrs later alarm co. with SSAIB.

Co. B SSAIB to Gold, contracts sold to national. Appear to be still trading under same name as CCTV installer w/o any approval ?

Co. C Unapproved installer, obtained Gold in an attempt to raise profile, technically not the greatest, paper work & admin was their stronger side (I was gifted all their NSI stuff) illness (stress related) was there down fall.

Locally we have co's which where SSAIB but either dropped out, got kicked out, or just as likely stopped paying the fee's !

If I believed Gold was going to produce a return on the investment we would make the effort to achieve it.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Gold will not produce a greater ROI.

There is no benefit to being gold other than it enforces the ISO practices i like among other things. We wouldnt operate any differently now if we dropped, but once nacoss and bs5750 trained us to be this way i wouldnt want it any different.

Having said that at the time of getting our 5750 we had 1 engineer, dad and mum so we only did it cos we had too at the time. But over the years it made sense. It does make sense to me to do it the way we do.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Gold will not produce a greater ROI.

There is no benefit to being gold other than it enforces the ISO practices i like among other things. We wouldnt operate any differently now if we dropped, but once nacoss and bs5750 trained us to be this way i wouldnt want it any different.

Having said that at the time of getting our 5750 we had 1 engineer, dad and mum so we only did it cos we had too at the time. But over the years it made sense. It does make sense to me to do it the way we do.

Although not madatory, we did ISO when we got SSAIB out of force really as some of our customers wanted it and it drove me mad. When we grew, that little procedure manual has been so valuable in having everything document and standardised I wouldn't be without it now.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I did raise the point that ukas should enforce a system where there is a time period from a certain point ie next inspection after a NC if not resolved where they cannot just jump to another body.

current posistion as ssaib or nsi allows me to ignore the rules and when finally kicked join the other. Then run that course and jump back. 

This should not continue. IF an inspected company has a NC then that starts the block. say 2 yrs or even 12 months before you can even aplly to the other. 

To me that seems a non-issue, bad firms will just hide the bad stuff as Jef stated.

There are limits though.

NSI wage bill anyone?

Just taken a look at what we pay SSAIB and it does mount up. The annual fees aren't so bad as they come to a few thousand or so but the certificates do add up but I suppose I've always looked at it as a growth tax, just in the way the more installs we do the more panels we buy etc.

We get I think around 24 'free' certificates each year which is around £300 of certificates but agreed as we do it all online, there is little cost to SSAIB for the certificates these days. When they had the NCR pads and we posted them back and someone had to type them up I can see where the cost was there but pdf's aren't so costly!

But it cant be right that you can be kicked from one and join the other next week?

Not right but I've seen it happen too often. I've known NSI companies go bust and SSAIB let them straight in. Not wishing to weaken my argument from the other night about NSI but there was a company local to us that was gold, the guy who owned it got done for fraud and falsifying alarm logs in an insurance claim and is now up and running again witht the name they traded as with NSI as an SSAIB company.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived