Security Installer Community

System Take Overs - Replacing Equipment

Bad news for me i now have to pay an annual registration fee of £135 for the pleasure of charging people to telephone me for advice.

Unfortunately, I have to advise you that PhonepayPlus have removed the exemption available last year for those generating less than £5000 premium rate revenue per annum. The fee is now payable by all registrants - regardless of revenue generated.

Everyones getting in on this charging for a service lark.

Customers!

Hmmm this problem is not just with takeovers though is it, we have panels out there that the person who trained me installed, and he is in his late 60's (Yes he still works for me). If panels are well looked after they will last a long time. Although my engineers are fairly good I have a trainee who is now fully qualled that would not know the older systems, and I have a new trainee that would also struggle with the older rarer panels regalsafe 50 or Arun Elite or Omega pettite (Not that he is out on his own yet anyway)

Bad news for me i now have to pay an annual registration fee of £135 for the pleasure of charging people to telephone me for advice.

Unfortunately, I have to advise you that PhonepayPlus have removed the exemption available last year for those generating less than £5000 premium rate revenue per annum. The fee is now payable by all registrants - regardless of revenue generated.

Everyones getting in on this charging for a service lark.

Im sure if we all used your premium rate number for charging people to call you for advice we could get it to over £5k

Hmmm this problem is not just with takeovers though is it, we have panels out there that the person who trained me installed, and he is in his late 60's (Yes he still works for me). If panels are well looked after they will last a long time.

targeted upgrade at keen price to the owners of the old toot ?

as sub's are most likely to be getting on a bit offer them something with a tag to operate & your more than welcome to use my adverting strap line of

"old biddies, there are no pockets in shrouds & the government are only going sell your house to place you in pool of stale piss in a "care home" so why not treat yourself to a alarm update before the reaper calls? "

I reckon that would make the phones ring ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

targeted upgrade at keen price to the owners of the old toot ?

as sub's are most likely to be getting on a bit offer them something with a tag to operate & your more than welcome to use my adverting strap line of

I reckon that would make the phones ring ?

Im far too busy installng for new customers to want to go round upgrading my existing customers, its bad enough when one of the old panels goes bang and they want it replaced repaired the same month

old biddies, there are no pockets in shrouds & the government are only going sell your house to place you in pool of stale piss in a "care home" so why not treat yourself to a alarm update before the reaper calls?

Dad went into a home last monday. This will be the final home he has. Anyway upgraded his guardtec 800 that he forgot how to use years ago to a monitored alarm waiting until the courts appoint a deputy to sell his assets to pay for his care.

Gents! Do your family a favour and appoint a power of attorney now because when the time comes you will be the only one that dosent know about it.

Customers!

Im far too busy installing for new customers to want to go round upgrading my existing customers, its bad enough when one of the old panels goes bang and they want it replaced repaired the same month

strange difference and perspective. We have replaced most of our 10 year panels on upgrades and today quoted to replace a shorrocks panel contracted with chubb because the customer thought it was dated; Customer was apathetic about the expenditure

Customers!

I thought tech would be more likely to ring you than you call them ?

lol, I ring them to tell them the software bugs

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived