Security Installer Community

System Take Overs - Replacing Equipment

Have you been drinking Jef? LOL

Surely if I was subbing for you then we would be installing something new, we train our engineers in new stuff not ten year old systems ? Unless you install second hand stuff of course.

And anyway a 22 year old wont be inexperienced, he would of had 6 years experience.

He means as a customer of yours, hence sub = subscriber not subcontractor.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Lets look at this the other way, I have had customers query me on exactly this. My answer the engineer is 22 the panel is 10, so he was most probably still at primary school when this panel was installed. The engineer has undertaken an apprentiship and passed with flying colours, he has been shown the basics of most panels but its impossible to train an engineer on every panel out there, and why would we if the panel is no longer made? Looking at manuals and calling senior engineers is fine in my book and so long as the service is carried out with no problems then whats the problem.

QFA I don't give it a second thought on a bells only. Any engineer that can't service any bells only kit is not worth employing.

But then again would it not put a little more trust from a customers view that it is a complete new system that only our company has played with so no back door access so to speak.

Bells only customers don't care what tat is installed, if it works they don't want to swap it.

QFA I don't give it a second thought on a bells only. Any engineer that can't service any bells only kit is not worth employing.

Bells only customers don't care what tat is installed, if it works they don't want to swap it.

I wouldnt have a clue about veritas or optima (as a sparky i fitted a few) without reading the manual. So i guess i wouldnt want to work for a co that makes its living dealing in that market and it sounds like they wouldnt want me.

The latter statement i can also not argue with, all they have to do is log in here and ask how to fix it.

Pete

I was pssd when i answered the last post (ireland :beer: ) but im sobber now and it stil makes sense to me

Customers!

the wonders of the internet. Jef would you like to dis-invent it?

I do wonder why when peeps ask questions on the web about how they can get their stuff fixed or setup correctly for voip, servers, firewalls etc etc then that is fine. But god if anyone ever does the same with our trade.....

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived