Security Installer Community

System Take Overs - Replacing Equipment

Went in one of there store for a couple of batteries & if where f'kin rammed with shoppers like it was xmas or something

They aren't half bad for some of the food/toiletries.

Alarm Supplies must be filling their pants with prices like those though!

Your defo learning. The Punto was a pool car until last year, had it from new and its not done 30k which for a diesel is low millage, It has a full service history. I also have one very old Piccasso which has in excess of 150k and in daily use. The Picasso will go this year and the buyer will get an old main dealer serviced car with high millage in great condition.Your point being?

I wondered if you wanted to sell it, fancy anew car for myself.

Lets look at this the other way, I have had customers query me on exactly this. My answer the engineer is 22 the panel is 10, so he was most probably still at primary school when this panel was installed. The engineer has undertaken an apprentiship and passed with flying colours, he has been shown the basics of most panels but its impossible to train an engineer on every panel out there, and why would we if the panel is no longer made? Looking at manuals and calling senior engineers is fine in my book and so long as the service is carried out with no problems then whats the problem.

Agreed, nothing wrong with looking at the manual, granted you dont need to with your own panel, but you cant be expected to know every panel off by heart, especially LED type panels and ****ty scanny's.

You cant expect clients to swap a perfectly good panel because the engineer cant read. I'd love to remove all ADE panels, but the fact is they usually sit there and work ok.

They have those lovely £20 safes that open when you drop them on the front corner, perfect for keeping the money safe from all those cash jobs

You can get into them easier than that pete, first time i done mine was less than 5 seconds with it still bolted to the wall, unbeliveable really for a safe

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

True story for last week and please try not to judge.

Printer error, rang manufacturer, said call dealer, dealer quoted £170, went to www where nice man told us problem and quoted part refrence, googled part, purchased part for less, printer working, result.

Now had i not spoke to this nice man who was under the illussion i was going to use his service then i would have paid the £170. I was never going pay the nice man because he was a ****** amature.

Customers!

Interesting to read everyone's comments on this.

I think it is a case of what type of company do you want to be!

I must say in our region we have the bigger companies that will only work on there panels and there service prices are fair, then we have the other smaller ones that will take on any panel but there service prices do reflect this by usually being higher.

I would rather be like the bigger and only work on our panels but it is the customers final word, we are currently taking on the takeovers with any panel but in the hope that they do upgrade when we advise them of the benefits of a new system and technology.

It's a tough industry....

Archived