Security Installer Community

System Take Overs - Replacing Equipment

the wonders of the internet. Jef would you like to dis-invent it?

I do wonder why when peeps ask questions on the web about how they can get their stuff fixed or setup correctly for voip, servers, firewalls etc etc then that is fine. But god if anyone ever does the same with our trade.....

Never said i wasnt party to the practice. I am NOT party to answering the Q.

Never knowingly whatever.

Customers!

the wonders of the internet. Jef would you like to dis-invent it?

I do wonder why when peeps ask questions on the web about how they can get their stuff fixed or setup correctly for voip, servers, firewalls etc etc then that is fine. But god if anyone ever does the same with our trade.....

Had one today, end user registers on our forum, does not even post just emails me directly "how do i reset the codes on my Texecom panel" me "suggest you call someone in , get a service at the same time, use NSI or SSAIB company, i would not tell you how to do this as it would compromise the system" fair play to the bloke said he understood and would call someone, but there are plenty who would keep asking until they got the answer, and that answer may not come from the manufacturers, it could be anybody on any forum just "helping out".

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

The way I see it is you cannot have it both way's, I'm sure we all (well I do) use the www for information on things I sometimes need help with I have always said that the odd DIY'er who comes on here would never (rarely) pay a professional to carry out the task anyway. They will just keep plugging away looking @ Google for the answer. Now if you offer to help them then that's up to you but in the scheme of things it wont make a jot of difference to what you do or earn because you sell a service alongside your knowledge and there will always be a market for that imo.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

The way I see it is you cannot have it both way's, I'm sure we all (well I do) use the www for information on things I sometimes need help with I have always said that the odd DIY'er who comes on here would never (rarely) pay a professional to carry out the task anyway. They will just keep plugging away looking @ Google for the answer. Now if you offer to help them then that's up to you but in the scheme of things it wont make a jot of difference to what you do or earn because you sell a service alongside your knowledge and there will always be a market for that imo.

QFA cannot agree more

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

QFA thats more or less what I said. Forcing companies to br regulated will do nothing for the industry, but it may raise more revenue for the government

Archived