Security Installer Community

System Take Overs - Replacing Equipment

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've quite warmed towards Driller, he's taken my needling over the shinny fall pipes in goo humour

Knowing what my dentist charges me I am surprised that he cant afford to get a proffesional in.

My concern not hos income, but why on earth would you choose to DIY when a proper co. could do it better

Mr? Veritas God

I've quite warmed towards Driller, he's taken my needling over the shinny fall pipes in goo humour

My concern not hos income, but why on earth would you choose to DIY when a proper co. could do it better

Now thats a stupid Q. Im currently rebuilding a scooter engine, no way can i exspect to save money but the hours are labour of interest and chalenge.

You must have a DIY project somewhere that you could have had done cheaper and possibly better by a pro? Not the same type of satisfaction is it.

Driller sounds like hes up for the chalenge not on a cost saving exsercise. As said not the ususal ptaker with all the guff and no idea.

Customers!

Now thats a stupid Q. Im currently rebuilding a scooter engine, no way can i exspect to save money but the hours are labour of interest and chalenge.

You must have a DIY project somewhere that you could have had done cheaper and possibly better by a pro? Not the same type of satisfaction is it.

Driller sounds like hes up for the chalenge not on a cost saving exsercise. As said not the ususal ptaker with all the guff and no idea.

Not really a good anology is it Jeff, its almost like saying, Im making a life size replica of Big Ben with a working clock from only used matchsticks that I find on the beach. I bet if the clutch went on one of the vans you wouldnt fix it yourself even though you could if you wanted to, thats Drillers scenario

No I think it's more of a hobby for him, as he's researching and using better gear than he would if he was purely saving £'s.

I do certain things myself because it interest me and not always to save cash. I fitted a kitchen a while ago from start to finish, I saved a big wedge but would still have done it as I find it relaxing and it's the 3rd or 4th one I've done, the same with the bathrooms in the house. I also truly think my attention to detail is hard to match with a tradesman who prices on cost.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I fitted a kitchen a while ago from start to finish, I saved a big wedge but would still have done it as I find it relaxing and it's the 3rd or 4th one I've done, the same with the bathrooms in the house.

I seem to remember you saying you always leave something no quite done just to piss your misses off, so what was it here - plinths not fitted? bog seat not on yet so its bear arses on ceramic?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

No I think it's more of a hobby for him, as he's researching and using better gear than he would if he was purely saving £'s.

I do certain things myself because it interest me and not always to save cash. I fitted a kitchen a while ago from start to finish, I saved a big wedge but would still have done it as I find it relaxing and it's the 3rd or 4th one I've done, the same with the bathrooms in the house. I also truly think my attention to detail is hard to match with a tradesman who prices on cost.

I can relate to that I have fitted several kitchens myself too, mainly to save money but I too enjoy fitting them. I suspect I may be fitting another shortly, even though I can afford to employ someone to do it for me

In my younger years Ive replaced engines and gear box's in my cars. Im not sure I would enjoy it as much as I used too, and wouldnt do it nowadays mostly because a proffesional would do it quicker better and I could earn more than I would save.

If I was earning the money of a dentist, I reckon I wouldnt be doing it to save money, so it must be a hobbie

I seem to remember you saying you always leave something no quite done just to piss your misses off, so what was it here - plinths not fitted? bog seat not on yet so its bear ****s on ceramic?

tis true, in every room I know of one thing and it drives her ****ing insane. However unlike our Geordie friends we have a separate room we call the WC where our bog is to take a ****.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Gi'over thee still as t'netty down't end't t'yard.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I can relate to that I have fitted several kitchens myself too, mainly to save money but I too enjoy fitting them. I suspect I may be fitting another shortly, even though I can afford to employ someone to do it for me

In my younger years Ive replaced engines and gear box's in my cars. Im not sure I would enjoy it as much as I used too, and wouldnt do it nowadays mostly because a proffesional would do it quicker better and I could earn more than I would save.

If I was earning the money of a dentist, I reckon I wouldnt be doing it to save money, so it must be a hobbie

You exsplain what i was trying say. Bang on the nail i wont lift the bonnet on my car these days.

What do you mean "If I was earning the money of a dentist" LOL. The earnings or cost savings have nothing to do with those DIY jobs we want to do.BTW heres an update on the wall project. The office is now complete awaiting (you guest) wiring and alarms, just trying to sort parking area.post-2708-0-88048000-1343638832_thumb.jp

Customers!

Ill say again "just trying to sort parking area" and yes thats an access road behind. And yes i can drive a track machine.

Okay, Since you mentioned the moped I was thinking it where some sort of elaborate way of reliving your misspent youth of your lambretta breaking down on the M66 ?

Mr? Veritas God

Okay, Since you mentioned the moped I was thinking it where some sort of elaborate way of reliving your misspent youth of your lambretta breaking down on the M66 ?

Pushed it most of the miles on the clock and did more miles with ass on tarmac than on the seat.

Its like the girl you fancied in the year above, you know your in, but she aint gona go for a younger lad. you see her 10 years later and your no longer intrested. The Lambretta still holds a place in my soul 40 years on, she never changed.

Im sad!

Customers!

QFA one done earlier. Amaxing what you can do with a blunt router and a bit of MDF. Before:post-2708-0-33347500-1343674291_thumb.jp

And after:post-2708-0-56755300-1343674395_thumb.jp

Customers!

Archived