Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

Agreed

Graeme is highly knowledgable IMO. I thought he was well placed to be the expert in this case. While i love ya arf, i think in this case he was a better man for the job than you ;)

I also think its unfair to say the nsi's / ssaib response has been nil. No-one wants a knee jerk reaction. But as i have said before its a shame it takes watchdog to highlight this practice.

James

perhaps i'm just a hard task master, do you really think i would have commented anywhere near so vaguely?, imo it was simply palpable, like being stabbed with a hair.

i don't know Graham, likely a nice every day sort of guy, but imo not the type you need to do a proper n depth hatchet job.

mind you, had i been the expert - the progarm would likely have been 5 hours longer rolleyes.gif

so what do heck do you call 'nil'

look James,i asked the question at a meet and greet seminar for spospective members, "if i found a fellow NSI firm not operating properly, and informed the NSI, what would the NSI do about it?" the answere i'm still bemused by and i quote "nothing, it is up to the client to complain about it?".

while the report could be untrue ad even malicious against a competitor, they would totally ignore my informed qualified fellow member information, and rely on the client not being ignorant on some aspects if not all, of installing an maintaining of security systems.

cut short mean - leave he cats to mind the cream.

James its endemic

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

perhaps i'm just a hard task master, do you really think i would have commented anywhere near so vaguely?, imo it was simply palpable, like being stabbed with a hair.

i don't know Graham, likely a nice every day sort of guy, but imo not the type you need to do a proper n depth hatchet job.

mind you, had i been the expert - the progarm would likely have been 5 hours longer rolleyes.gif

Arf i dont feel that a 'hatchet job' was wanted or needed.

The expert is there to comment on facts. I beleive from what i saw he did that. Honestly graeme is a good guy and extremly knowledgeable about things you and i dont know. Better placed than us IMO for that job.

so what do heck do you call 'nil'

look James,i asked the question at a meet and greet seminar for spospective members, "if i found a fellow NSI firm not operating properly, and informed the NSI, what would the NSI do about it?" the answere i'm still bemused by and i quote "nothing, it is up to the client to complain about it?".

while the report could be untrue ad even malicious against a competitor, they would totally ignore my informed qualified fellow member information, and rely on the client not being ignorant on some aspects if not all, of installing an maintaining of security systems.

cut short mean - leave he cats to mind the cream.

I cant comment on that as i dont know. However when i have passed my concerns on then they havnt been ignored.

James its endemic

Arfur

I really hope it isnt Arf, i really hope it isnt.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I also think its unfair to say the nsi's / ssaib response has been nil. No-one wants a knee jerk reaction. But as i have said before its a shame it takes watchdog to highlight this practice.

James

Jeezus, James

What does it take?

The Inspectorates have known about this lot - and others for long enough. Nothing knee jerk about it at all.

Turkeys don't vote for xmas, neither do Ltd companies willingly cut off their income stream.

Watchdogs tactics have been shown on numerous occassions to be somewhat less than honourable. Yes, the guy was bang out of order, no one disputes that, it's the actions - and in some cases lack of - of others thats shameful.

Lets widen the scope. Anyone notice trading standards showing an interest??

I cant comment on that as i dont know. However when i have passed my concerns on then they havnt been ignored.

I really hope it isnt Arf, i really hope it isnt.

I don't know how you can say that. Enough evidence is posted on forum by members highlighting shoddy work alledgedly done by other Inspectorate members.

cubit

re watchdog etc. when you say 'less than honourable', do you know of any examples? id be curious thats all. maybe im more bothered as we are given so much trust by our clients.

re the approval thing.

Yes i have seen some of the images posted here. took one myself the other day of a bellbox and exposed wiring feeding it.

Maybe as arf says the current system isnt working?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

cubit

re watchdog etc. when you say 'less than honourable', do you know of any examples? id be curious thats all. maybe im more bothered as we are given so much trust by our clients.

re the approval thing.

Yes i have seen some of the images posted here. took one myself the other day of a bellbox and exposed wiring feeding it.

Maybe as arf says the current system isnt working?

Check out the parking issues for an easy example.

Now, i hate them companies with a passion. Yet even a 10 minute trawl on t'internet comes up with more evidence than watchdog puts together...and don't ask Dom, he knows fck all.

NSI ans SSAIB are akin to the BPA

Come on fella's. Why are we beating ourselves up over this?

I'm sure no-one on here stoops to the lows of these disreputable companies. We may have different views about the severity and the deserved reactions, or we may express our feelings in different ways ....... but that's human nature.

Fact is the salesman was bang out of order, and we all agree on that.

..... but the BBC could have nailed him proper and had some proper evidence to give to trading standards and inspectorate, whereas they pre-warned the company of their 'investigation' and so undermined any possible action.

If we feel it shouldn't stop there then we should contact our inspectorates and ask for their response.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Come on fella's. Why are we beating ourselves up over this?

I'm sure no-one on here stoops to the lows of these disreputable companies. We may have different views about the severity and the deserved reactions, or we may express our feelings in different ways ....... but that's human nature.

Fact is the salesman was bang out of order, and we all agree on that.

..... but the BBC could have nailed him proper and had some proper evidence to give to trading standards and inspectorate, whereas they pre-warned the company of their 'investigation' and so undermined any possible action.

If we feel it shouldn't stop there then we should contact our inspectorates and ask for their response.

QFA we should not be arguing over this, clearly the salesman was wrong to say what he did, clearly this company has been caught out before for this kind of behavior, chances are that NSI and SSAIB are making their own investigations and this wont be the last we here about it ;) . NSI BTW is not a limited company, its a not for profit organisation, (Im not sure about SSAIB Im not a member) much as I agree about turkeys at Xmas I know this much NSI can afford to lose companies that give this industry a bad name, they have in the past and they will in the future.

I dont feel i made the comment unduly.

It is now in the public domain due to the exposure on watchdog. They dont have to say anything publically granted, no-one does. I personally can only comment on what i have seen. The 'pitch' connot IMO be defended. Unless im missing something and from your position how do you think it is defendable?

frankly i am suprised by some responses. It seems that by some this practice is not seen as that extreme. That does sadden me.

In the papers this W/E -

there is the famous incident from the Notting hill riots where the council leader -Bernnie King (?) said "the kids round here think the police got a good beating - well they didnt deserve that" but all the news played was "the police got a good beating ... well deserved"

disclaimer - maybe not exactly word for word but you get the drift

"now I`m not saying the alarm goes off and the next available officer, even if he has just got home ....."

discalaimer - extreme example but you get the drift.

and don`t just reply "that wouldnt happen" - it does.

seriously James

who says teir staff do or don't already?

Arfur

I hope you don`t mean me?

The 'buffoon' is an extremely knowledgeable, experienced and pleasant guy, doubtless most of what he said was edited out to suit the programme.

not one hint of irony - classic

Archived