Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

I`m not going to start quoting everyone but if you read some of the replies in places my above, I feel stands.

I`m not going to start quoting everyone but if you read some of the replies in places my above, I feel stands.

bit harsh blamimg us for what high pressure salesmen do, don't ya think?

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Christ I knew this would happen, it was an innocuous remark.

#Reread some replies, it comes across like that sometimes. I just feel some replies could have been worded slightly differently.

i can see your point paul. I too was amazed. Granted we all know it goes on but from an approved comapny? Im obviously nieve then as i genuinly didnt.

I feel something should be done as im ashamed to be in anyway linked to this practice. I do feel quite strongly about it.

to be fair we need to give the inspectorates time to investigate this. They cant and shouldnt react immediatly without all the facts.

The one thing that bothers me about this is how do we/the general public find out this has been cleaned up?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest RJBsec

The one thing that bothers me about this is how do we/the general public find out this has been cleaned up?

No need, it won't be, all sorts of assurances will be given again (as previously to Leicestershire Trading Standards) but nothing will change in the dirty march toward the glorious £££

i can see your point paul. I too was amazed. Granted we all know it goes on but from an approved comapny? Im obviously nieve then as i genuinly didnt.

I feel something should be done as im ashamed to be in anyway linked to this practice. I do feel quite strongly about it.

to be fair we need to give the inspectorates time to investigate this. They cant and shouldnt react immediatly without all the facts.

And as Rodger says...nothing will happen. Never does, never will.

Inspectorates dance to the tune of those who pay them.

Never ceases to amaze me how members of inspectorates post up pictures of shoddy work by other members whilst claiming to be shocked by it. Such irony. You all know it goes on, know nothing gets done about it yet try to take the moral high ground by claiming being registered ensures, or at least should, quality.

And as Rodger says...nothing will happen. Never does, never will.

Inspectorates dance to the tune of those who pay them.

Never ceases to amaze me how members of inspectorates post up pictures of shoddy work by other members whilst claiming to be shocked by it. Such irony. You all know it goes on, know nothing gets done about it yet try to take the moral high ground by claiming being registered ensures, or at least should, quality.

I think tsi members can take the moral higher ground as people that devote spare time discussing systems are obviously passionate about what they do. Approved or unapproved. I am genuinly shocked by some things i see, but then most of what i see is fine. You will do the same as me im sure when out in the supermarket, pub etc.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I think tsi members can take the moral higher ground as people that devote spare time discussing systems are obviously passionate about what they do. Approved or unapproved. I am genuinly shocked by some things i see, but then most of what i see is fine. You will do the same as me im sure when out in the supermarket, pub etc.

James

Point being, they are something of a toothless tiger.

This very thread highlights it well.

Watchdog is reknowned for being less than rigourous in their investigations, some of it is downright misleading. However, in this instance they will have more impact than either of the two inspectorates.

Being a member of an inspectorate is no guarantee of quality or even capability.

Expelling non conforming members??

That'll be turkeys voting for Christmas.

Archived