Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

arf.

for once i agree however

no-one can act on the say so of watchdpog etc. hard evidence must be ontained, a decision must then be made. I dont think a knee jerk reaction in this case (or any) is a good idea.

I too was horified once i discovered they were approved. i think we at least need to allow the system time to function.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

arf.

for once i agree however

no-one can act on the say so of watchdpog etc. hard evidence must be ontained, a decision must then be made. I dont think a knee jerk reaction in this case (or any) is a good idea.

I too was horified once i discovered they were approved. i think we at least need to allow the system time to function.

James

says the man who "spoke to the highest figure in the NSI" but hasnt had a reply yet.

get over it and go use the programme to sell your service instead.

Paul

I havnt yet spoke to anyone in the nsi but the complaints dept. I am waiting for contact from BOTH the NSI and the SSAIB. I only did this tail end of last week.

I really dont think we should 'get over it' as you put it. I am very concerned over this.

I really dont think we should 'get over it' as you put it. I am very concerned over this.

no, you really do need to "get over it". You emailed the CEO - why?

You seem to have missed the point of "investigative journalism" we don`t know a fraction of what was said, done, replied and agreed between the TVco and the alarmco.

I could post several links FROM THIS SITE that are just as "wide of the mark" as anything seen in that programme.

I have no sympathy for the guy nor respect for him either, however I do have my own standards and have never stood by and watched someone get kicked without representation.

fair enough.

Direct response are free to comment here

With all due respect, how patronising.

Direct don't have to, nor neeed to, answer to anyone other than 'relevant' authorities.

You might want to invite the BBC to explain why they didn't divvie up answers to the guys Lawers.

With all due respect, how patronising.

Direct don't have to, nor neeed to, answer to anyone other than 'relevant' authorities.

You might want to invite the BBC to explain why they didn't divvie up answers to the guys Lawers.

Patronise - To treat as inferior unduly

I dont feel i made the comment unduly.

It is now in the public domain due to the exposure on watchdog. They dont have to say anything publically granted, no-one does. I personally can only comment on what i have seen. The 'pitch' connot IMO be defended. Unless im missing something and from your position how do you think it is defendable?

frankly i am suprised by some responses. It seems that by some this practice is not seen as that extreme. That does sadden me.

arf.

for once i agree however

James

according to others and if accurate, NSI/SSAIB have had enough time already have they not?

the program was badly flawed, and not aided by the buffoon used for an 'expert'.

as i mentioned earlier, problem with that is such a glaring mistake made about real effects on victims of break-ins, in the haste to batter the company over using fear tactics devalued all the other comments imho.

thinking i might contact watchdog and offer my expert services - perhaps they will do an exposure on the inspectorates, and their inexcusable total lack of action.

Arfur

I dont feel i made the comment unduly.

It is now in the public domain due to the exposure on watchdog. They dont have to say anything publically granted, no-one does. I personally can only comment on what i have seen. The 'pitch' connot IMO be defended. Unless im missing something and from your position how do you think it is defendable?

frankly i am suprised by some responses. It seems that by some this practice is not seen as that extreme. That does sadden me.

hope i'm not disappointing you, be very assured i'm hoping mad about the relative ineffectiveness and desperately slow reactions of the NSI.

but then i have been bashing this drum for bleeding years now bruce_h4h.gif.

so as disturbing as it was - at long last it proved beyond doubt and i feel totally vindicated for my stance, remember i could made a lot more money taking the golden egg but chose not solely on my own principles.

Arfur

fair enough.

Direct response are free to comment here

who says teir staff do or don't already?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest RJBsec

the program was badly flawed, and not aided by the buffoon used for an 'expert'.

The 'buffoon' is an extremely knowledgeable, experienced and pleasant guy, doubtless most of what he said was edited out to suit the programme.

Agreed

Graeme is highly knowledgable IMO. I thought he was well placed to be the expert in this case. While i love ya arf, i think in this case he was a better man for the job than you ;)

I also think its unfair to say the nsi's / ssaib response has been nil. No-one wants a knee jerk reaction. But as i have said before its a shame it takes watchdog to highlight this practice.

James

Archived