Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

Arf

Improvement Needs are quite an issue to an approved co, it would be easy for me to say 'you just dont know' but in this instance you dont mate.

If you get an IN then you need to provide documentary evidence within 31 days that its been sorted. If you dont your into re-inspection teritory.

I think it would be better to find out what these timescales are rather than assume its years. It isnt mate, it really isnt. I know im quite idealistic at times but this isnt one of those moments lol

if there are set time scales why be so coy about them just say it. in here you see me doing my mild hatchet job, as fiends we will talk more and you can tell THEN me it's 30 days, while i'm STILL suspicious as hell, but i then know better, should such info be like pulling teeth?

i remember these wise words "you never get second chance to make a 1st impression" so why was the response text so ruddy vague, i thought New Labour had wrote it for them and allowing me to question?

btw - my request to you was to comment on the Mr Gales input after i'd shown imho where he was so very wrong.

Pete

I didnt actually, arf wanted to comment and he asked me if it should be via blog or post and i avoided the question. I didnt want to sway him in any way.

Plus his blog view is massivly opposed to mine and wrong IMHO.... as usual lol

James

Pete

to clarify, James is not censoring me either, it was going to be a long post, so i asked James is it better in my blog (not done on before and also hopefully to appease your aching eye's mate whistle.gif)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest RJBsec

if there are set time scales why be so coy about them just say it. in here you see me doing my mild hatchet job, as fiends we will talk more and you can tell THEN me it's 30 days, while i'm STILL suspicious as hell, but i then know better, should such info be like pulling teeth?

btw - my request to you was to comment on the Mr Gales input after i'd shown imho where he was so very wrong.

If I remember arf the SSAIB call them 'non-conformances' and you get 30 days to put them right and provide documentary evidence to show that it has been done. I had one on a recent inspection, (paperwork violation!), and I forgot to do anything about it. I was promptly contacted and given a polite but 'no-nonsense' written reminder that I had gone 'overdue' and that a response was expected soon as - I suspect that NSI have a similar arrangement.

Of course it isn't foolproof but it's a part of the inspection package that isn't there with a non-inspected company.

Most companies will get a non-conformance at some time or another, it is to be expected IMO, but where there are many of these, plus issues with the police, parish councils, neighbourhood watch, Trading Standards and the BBC ... and all over an extended period of time ... well most reasonable people will consider that things aren't being dealt with in a manner that befits a so-called Inspection Body.

Bearing in mind that Direct Response are inspected by both NSI and SSAIB, both are responsible for inspection and approval issues and both should be taking some kind of action as a result of the information in the public domain - it is not for me, you, (or anyone else ... except maybe UKAS!), to dictate what that action should be, but all reasonable people will come to there own conclusions about action or inaction.

Who's Mr Gales???

If I remember arf the SSAIB call them 'non-conformances' and you get 30 days to put them right and provide documentary evidence to show that it has been done. I had one on a recent inspection, (paperwork violation!), and I forgot to do anything about it. I was promptly contacted and given a polite but 'no-nonsense' written reminder that I had gone 'overdue' and that a response was expected soon as - I suspect that NSI have a similar arrangement.

Of course it isn't foolproof but it's a part of the inspection package that isn't there with a non-inspected company.

Most companies will get a non-conformance at some time or another, it is to be expected IMO, but where there are many of these, plus issues with the police, parish councils, neighbourhood watch, Trading Standards and the BBC ... and all over an extended period of time ... well most reasonable people will consider that things aren't being dealt with in a manner that befits a so-called Inspection Body.

Bearing in mind that Direct Response are inspected by both NSI and SSAIB, both are responsible for inspection and approval issues and both should be taking some kind of action as a result of the information in the public domain - it is not for me, you, (or anyone else ... except maybe UKAS!), to dictate what that action should be, but all reasonable people will come to there own conclusions about action or inaction.

Who's Mr Gales???

Hi Rog,

i mentioned got his name wrong (so an NC for me please).

i'd bet with both bodies, minor paperwork issues are likely a big percentage of NC's and being pragmatic doubt if any company is installation totaly compliant all the time, but the odd under clipping per meter etc missing tamper, not really going be the end o the world if not put right is it?

when they boast statistics, a high percentage of corrections put right, i'm not blind enough not to know most those fugures are for putting right minor misdemeanors are far higher percentages than the serious cases of poor standards being put right promptly, and it's bringing our trade into more and more disrepute.

many give me grief because i'm not registered, so they think by default i don't have any standards, they forget theres a personal pride issues that drive me harder than any inspectorate could.

the main reason i started up my own company was i simply did not like lowering my own standards while working for registered companies at that time, mainly just to appease some fat cat wiz kid accountants idea's on company economy, bet i'm not alone in that reasoning even today.

Arfur

I don't think that is actually a true reflection of the situation.

That said, why should there be a problem if that was the case??

the 'problem' is the lack of experience gained in a very wide range of systems, applications and fault finding, unfortunately no matter how smart anyone is, unlike standards or control unit manuals, it simply can't be learned all by reading a book in the bath.

example, my oldest went from school direct to University, then straight into teaching 4 - 7's in music and Engilsh, now he is a pastor for a 'new frontiers' ('happy clappy' ) church.

while very intelligent (which obviously comes from his mothers side), being in such a closeted circle, his experiences of real life are very stunted and tbh often very naive .

Arfur

Archived