Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

A response from andrew white, nsi cheif exec

“We have seen the BBC Watchdog programme transmitted on 3rd June 2010. The BBC recorded a salesman from Direct Response Security Systems Ltd, Mr Hook, using unethical and totally misleading techniques to secure a sale. As a result Direct Response Security Systems Ltd have dismissed Mr Hook and are no longer using his services.

We have been assured by Direct Response Security Systems Ltd that the action of the individual salesman is not typical and that Direct Response Security Systems Ltd will not allow and do not under any circumstances adhere to unethical selling practise. We continue to monitor the situation and Direct Response understands that further serious breaches of the code of conduct by the Company may result in removal of their approval.”

He has also commented on this thread

With regard to the thread stating that the Inspectorates are toothless: I have to disagree. Each year we raise 100s of Improvement Needs (INs), these INs have to be closed out within a certain timescale or the company loses its approval. And some companies do loose their approval. Although I must say that the vast majority put right what we find with the result that, as a consequence of the Inspectorates, standards in the industry have been raised. Is that toothless? I don’t think so.

Im still awaiting a response from the ssaib. Once i have it ill post it

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

my view

Arfur

if you say so sir, but hey, never let a chance to have a go at at the NSI pass hmm?

exactely whats wrong with that? no.gif

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The 'buffoon' is an extremely knowledgeable, experienced and pleasant guy, doubtless most of what he said was edited out to suit the programme.

he is no 'hot potato' and who dare an say i'm not one to be reckoned with?

reading my blog will i hope explain my views to all - in detail, and i welcome anyone who can point out/discuss where i am so wrong

Arfur

(why do you think i'd blog it ;) )

James you used a quote from the NSI, so i reprint it here :

With regard to the thread stating that the Inspectorates are toothless: I have to disagree. Each year we raise 100s of Improvement Needs (INs),

got to say WOW! to that - i can raise in the thousands - and i'm onl;y a one man band!

these INs have to be closed out within a certain timescale

and which is how many years?

or the company loses its approval.

and again, in how many years exactly? otherwise would i be safe to say eventually? can i say even 'perhaps' (as i do like to help where i can).

And some companies do loose their approval.

names and exact cases please, as sorry i just can't sit nice with the words 'some companies' would that be the 'minnows' when compared to 10's of thousands of installations overseen? so regarding so many possible case's - sorry again for being a tad pedantic!.

Although I must say that the vast majority put right what we find with the result that, as a consequence of the Inspectorates, standards in the industry have been raised. Is that toothless? I don’t think so.

pure pr ballony without acts and figure, seems the cap best to fit above words.

like 'vast majority' are subject to the amount of investigation, so 3 reports investigated and 2 solved is the 'vast majority'. so please show me some respect and ndon't try to spin by playing with words - i am possibly the one who makes sure they will come back and bite you hard in the ass"!!

so sorry, i do stiill think NSI is toothless, and i'm so very sorry (so much so i'm actually dripping with anger from it), if you want to be respected as a real inspectorate, that takes prompt firm action - as you advertised you do - so then act respectably and fulfill your commitment to oust wrong doers - NOT act as toothless as a snail in hibernation.

Arfur

perhaps they should employ me in the policy clarity and direction department rolleyes.gif

“We have seen the BBC Watchdog programme transmitted on 3rd June 2010. The BBC recorded a salesman from Direct Response Security Systems Ltd, Mr Hook, using unethical and totally misleading techniques to secure a sale. As a result Direct Response Security Systems Ltd have dismissed Mr Hook and are no longer using his services.

We have been assured by Direct Response Security Systems Ltd that the action of the individual salesman is not typical and that Direct Response Security Systems Ltd will not allow and do not under any circumstances adhere to unethical selling practise. We continue to monitor the situation and Direct Response understands that further serious breaches of the code of conduct by the Company may result in removal of their approval.”

"With regard to the thread stating that the Inspectorates are toothless: I have to disagree. Each year we raise 100s of Improvement Needs (INs), these INs have to be closed out within a certain timescale or the company loses its approval. And some companies do loose their approval. Although I must say that the vast majority put right what we find with the result that, as a consequence of the Inspectorates, standards in the industry have been raised. Is that toothless? I don’t think so."

Well, thats alright then. All sorted.

Shame he didn't proof read it after some PR type cobbled it together..

cubit.

I do think that harsh, i wasnt looking at the grammer mainly the sentiment.

Arf

Improvement Needs are quite an issue to an approved co, it would be easy for me to say 'you just dont know' but in this instance you dont mate.

If you get an IN then you need to provide documentary evidence within 31 days that its been sorted. If you dont your into re-inspection teritory.

I think it would be better to find out what these timescales are rather than assume its years. It isnt mate, it really isnt. I know im quite idealistic at times but this isnt one of those moments lol

Pete

I didnt actually, arf wanted to comment and he asked me if it should be via blog or post and i avoided the question. I didnt want to sway him in any way.

Plus his blog view is massivly opposed to mine and wrong IMHO.... as usual lol

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

cubit.

I do think that harsh, i wasnt looking at the grammer mainly the sentiment.

You think?

You issue a press statement you check it. Get a lacky to put together a wishy washy statement then it slips through.

As i say, toothless tigers that only pick on the little guys.

Don't pick fights with their biggest paymasters do they?

Question for you.

How many NI's do you think would £80k + would involve on intruder??

Archived