Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

Guest RJBsec

If I wanted patronising by a OMB SSAIB outfit ........................ I would speak to Cubit, cheers

Not patronising, sound advice, just that you don't know how to accept that ... re-read your post!

Point being, they are something of a toothless tiger.

This very thread highlights it well.

Watchdog is reknowned for being less than rigourous in their investigations, some of it is downright misleading. However, in this instance they will have more impact than either of the two inspectorates.

Being a member of an inspectorate is no guarantee of quality or even capability.

Expelling non conforming members??

That'll be turkeys voting for Christmas.

steady on Andrew - i might just have to promote you, Roger and James wink.gif.

Arfur

btw, any chance of reprinting my 1st ever 5 post James, and the responses ?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I agree with the SSAIB website bit, that is naive of the SSAIB at best. As for their own website i can't see anything about SSAIB.

No, on their accreditation page there is no reference to the ssaib.

However, to most joe public it looks impressive - non of it means jack **** and some is bordering on a lie but many will be taken in by it.

arf you're totally off beam on this one, there's undisputed history, not just with this company but with many before them. Target the elderly, instill fear, confuse, tire-out then get the deposit and contract signed.

Money Saving Expert

OFT

Lancashire Evening Post

Surrey Area

Top Phone Scams

please, don't shoot the messenger, i'm viewing from that companies point of view, as i had to in defence of any errant engineers.

while i agree the basis of the sales pitch is scripted, the accuracy of interpretation is as always with the individual. look at the guiy, he is no spring chicken imo the tech i would i say leave him cold. no excuse for using fear tactics but that guy needs that job. just think what would you do in his shoes?

with the above in mind if he is turning in the sales the company is happy, and he keeps his job, the company by not keeping check is at fault not the salesman. they ave said he needs retraining.

i'm smply not jumping on any unilateral condemnation bandwagon without sound proof of intent - and imo nobody else should, if you know anything about employment laws.

Arfur

Guest RJBsec

Don't think it's got anything to do with employment laws - it's the company we're highlighting, not the salesman - he's just the fallguy.

Arf

He is a Salesman, very well crafted in his trade.

It is more than likely the engineering side leaves him cold. He doesn't need to know it, in fact, for the type of sales he's in it would be a hindrance.

Don't think it's got anything to do with employment laws - it's the company we're highlighting, not the salesman - he's just the fallguy.

have you ever employed a salesman Rodger?

Guest RJBsec

have you ever employed a salesman Rodger?

Yes, but that's irrelevant - it's the MO of the company, companies that they have worked along with and several before like them. Companies that sell alarms claiming they prevent burglary, rape etc - you know the sort.

the way i see it,

not defending him or the company directly, he is selling using bad tactics the company is responsible to ensure he don't. real life they start froma level of trust in their employee's. after training if he don't complain why should they if the clients don't?

already said percentages, so he turns in 50 systems a week only one complains that's a low percentage by any count.

so now you sack him, he can claim what he did what he understood to be correct, and his complaint level was negligible and no additional guidance, so he did not deserve it

kerchung - pay damages this account here please

Arfur

Archived