Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

I hasten to suggest Andrew that you might well want to live to be 81 when you have your 80th birthday!

Eh, not knocking it. Simply pointing it out. Many a sprightly gerri running about, sadly all too many that have been isolated and given up.

Guest RJBsec

Rodger - tricky question still waiting to be answered ................ you claimed not to sell on fear

Okay Paul, Angus, whatever you're calling yourself, I'll answer you just once more.

It isn't at all tricky, I don't sell on fear, I don't sell from my website - if you were at all genuine you would acknowledge that my whole website includes various bits and pieces of security-related information, reports and other material related to security, security systems and CCTV.

I sell by personal visit and on those visits I don't claim that alarms prevent anything ... including burglary, neither do I claim a 'guaranteed police response', which is what has been highlighted about the Direct Response website.

Your personal attacks on me are unwarranted and have been carried out for an extended period of time, not just on this forum, as you attempt to besmirch me and my reputation.

I will however give you fair warning that I will not tolerate continued personal attacks from you.

I think i can see the underlying point trying to be made here.

For instance i was thinking myself, we will somewhere on a leaflet. book etc have a statistic or 2. ie number of breakins in the UK, number of xyz a second etc etc.

I can see that this is 'selling on fear' and i would do that. ie quote a statistic in marketing material.

Following that on to its natural conclusion (and as arf has said lol) im sure there will be statistics for burglarys invloving rape, burglaries that have been attributed to divorce etc etc.

But while i was and am bothered about the claims made and the push on fear, i can see why it would be done and isnt lies or misleading.

But claiming a direct link to the police cars, guaranteed police response, off duty coppers being called out etc is lies and is misleading.

so yes ias, cubit your right in this area they havnt done anything wrong, lots of things are sold in this way, insurance, security systems, extended warranties, safety devices etc etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You'll have to take that up with the BBC Andrew, Age Concern and others obviously also reviewed the data - is the Home Office report shocking? Yes I think so, that the actions of a thief can lead to premature death is shocking in anybody's view I would have thought.

For anyone interested: The Report

this highlights what i was trying to say,

yes the terms 'rape' and 'strangulation' were strong, but if that info above resembles true undeniable consequences of an intrusion, is shocking the client from their conceit in order to protect, is this a valid 'fear tactic'?

Mr Hooks 'patter' taken as so offensive just to flog kit, could actually be extend lives of those he sells systems to by detering life shortening break-in's before they happen.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Your personal attacks on me are unwarranted and have been carried out for an extended period of time, not just on this forum, as you attempt to besmirch me and my reputation.

I will however give you fair warning that I will not tolerate continued personal attacks from you.

hurray at last we start to get somewhere, I`m here as the owner of a reasonable sized regional NSI gold approved company.

you`ll find in every case it`s you that "throws the first punch"

I think i can see the underlying point trying to be made here.

For instance i was thinking myself, we will somewhere on a leaflet. book etc have a statistic or 2. ie number of breakins in the UK, number of xyz a second etc etc.

I can see that this is 'selling on fear' and i would do that. ie quote a statistic in marketing material.

Following that on to its natural conclusion (and as arf has said lol) im sure there will be statistics for burglarys invloving rape, burglaries that have been attributed to divorce etc etc.

But while i was and am bothered about the claims made and the push on fear, i can see why it would be done and isnt lies or misleading.

But claiming a direct link to the police cars, guaranteed police response, off duty coppers being called out etc is lies and is misleading.

so yes ias, cubit your right in this area they havnt done anything wrong, lots of things are sold in this way, insurance, security systems, extended warranties, safety devices etc etc

yep ........

Mr Hooks 'patter' taken as so offensive just to flog kit, could actually be extend lives of those he sells systems to by detering life shortening break-in's before they happen.

Arfur

Its not ethical though, who's to say the Mr Hook himself equally has not shortened pensioners life with the worry of finding the finance to fund the alarm system.

You're more likely to die by crossing the road than by flying but youll never hear BA selling tickets using scare tactics to keep people in the air

Archived