Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

I think this thread has went beyond the actual reason for it starting

You have what equates to a double glaving company pushing security systems using pressure sales techniques - unfortunately thats the way it is and if he/she sells it that way then it isn't realy down to them>

I think this thread has went beyond the actual reason for it starting

You have what equates to a double glaving company pushing security systems using pressure sales techniques - unfortunately thats the way it is and if he/she sells it that way then it isn't realy down to them>

tell you what it is Mr Cerb - jelousy simple as that like you say and at the risk of sounding all Arfur, it was the same 30 years ago.

but never miss a chance to "have a go at the NSI" hey guys?

but never miss a chance to "have a go at the NSI" hey guys?

It dosent seem to bother me when someone has a pop at NSI. Althouigh I realy get defensive about NACOSS and any comparasson to that organisation that falls short.

Customers!

I think i can see the underlying point trying to be made here.

For instance i was thinking myself, we will somewhere on a leaflet. book etc have a statistic or 2. ie number of breakins in the UK, number of xyz a second etc etc.

I can see that this is 'selling on fear' and i would do that. ie quote a statistic in marketing material.

Following that on to its natural conclusion (and as arf has said lol) im sure there will be statistics for burglarys invloving rape, burglaries that have been attributed to divorce etc etc.

But while i was and am bothered about the claims made and the push on fear, i can see why it would be done and isnt lies or misleading.

But claiming a direct link to the police cars, guaranteed police response, off duty coppers being called out etc is lies and is misleading.

so yes ias, cubit your right in this area they havnt done anything wrong, lots of things are sold in this way, insurance, security systems, extended warranties, safety devices etc etc

for while there - i thought i was talking to myself,

hard to flog a smoke detector to those who do not fully appreciate or think that won't happen to them.

you/i understand without pointing out what can happen without one to a building, but would you leave out impressing on your client possible serious injury and loss of life that could be prevented by one?

now try this, run through your own sales patter perhaps to sell a smoke detector, then imagine it being secretly recorded with only your content being played to millions on Tv in a higly loaded consumer protection program item.

how would YOU look?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ias

i dont think it has been 'have a pop at the nsi'

granted the inspectorates generally have had a bit of critisism on this thread, but i wouldnt say it was totally un justified, would you?

i also dont agree its a jealousy thing, what makes you say that?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

for while there - i thought i was talking to myself,

hard to flog a smoke detector to those who do not fully appreciate or think that won't happen to them.

you/i understand without pointing out what can happen without one to a building, but would you leave out impressing on your client possible serious injury and loss of life that could be prevented by one?

now try this, run through your own sales patter perhaps to sell a smoke detector, then imagine it being secretly recorded with only your content being played to millions on Tv in a higly loaded consumer protection program item.

how would YOU look?

Arfur

I reckon I would look squeaky clean, but I would be pissed off that all my good selling tips have been broadcast to my competitors.

This is quite a strange scenario Arfur defending the approved company's actions and myself condoning them, but I believe in ethics I dont try to force people into spending money they may not be able to afford on the chance that they may be burgled simple as. We have seen the statistics on life expectancy on pensioners that have suffered a burglary, now lets see the stats for pensioners that are burgled? what do you reckon it is Arfur 1 in 100 ? 1 in 1000? 1 in 100,000?

To make a statement as bold as the one on DR's website you need to provide the full facts otherwise how can anyone make a fully informed decision?

I believe that NSI and SSAIB have let us down regarding this matter, in the respect that the company is advertising inaccuracies, and other matters mentioned in this topic, Direct Response are only members of these organisations so that they can sell Police response and as far as I can see no other reason.

ias

granted the inspectorates generally have had a bit of critisism on this thread, but i wouldnt say it was totally un justified, would you?

your blind.

Ask Arron, does he want to carry on ******* about on the tools or does he want a Range Rover sport too - you know the answer, so did the Direct response guy

It dosent seem to bother me when someone has a pop at NSI. Althouigh I realy get defensive about NACOSS and any comparasson to that organisation that falls short.

I would imagine that is because, like most of use, being a member of either NSI or SSAIB is a commercial decision for you.

If it wasn't the fact i need to be a member of one of them to fit in with the business model/plan i wouldn't be. We as the company owners are the only ones who keep our companies selling and installing as they should, and i would do the same without a badge forcing me to do so.

We all know how it works, or doesn't work as is often the case, but as this is still in public (for some reason) i will leave it there.

ias

arrogance and naivety.

I would imagine that is because, like most of use, being a member of either NSI or SSAIB is a commercial decision for you.

If it wasn't the fact i need to be a member of one of them to fit in with the business model/plan i wouldn't be. We as the company owners are the only ones who keep our companies selling and installing as they should, and i would do the same without a badge forcing me to do so.

We all know how it works, or doesn't work as is often the case, but as this is still in public (for some reason) i will leave it there.

Aaron its good that you would sell and install as you should, very commendable, I like to think that I would be the same. But the badge doesn't force you do it right, it just checks that you do it right. Its also a point of arbitration for the customer if things go wrong, there is no utopia and what I mean by that is there is no perfect solution so you should pick the best solution you can get.

I quite like the idea of this being in public it does show us (who are brave enough to use our own name and company logo) with warts and all.

Archived