Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

Aaron its good that you would sell and install as you should, very commendable, I like to think that I would be the same. But the badge doesn't force you do it right, it just checks that you do it right. Its also a point of arbitration for the customer if things go wrong, there is no utopia and what I mean by that is there is no perfect solution so you should pick the best solution you can get.

I quite like the idea of this being in public it does show us (who are brave enough to use our own name and company logo) with warts and all.

I agree with most of that, however i don't think anyone on here is daft enough not to know about a good % of firms (Gold, silver or SS) that show the inspectors what they want them to see.

QFA But I dont understand is there an elsewhere?? LOL

tbf = To Be Fair

while we are using anachronisms

WTF is the NSI r SSAIB meant to mean in relation to maintaining quality?

opinions devid on being 'ripped off' as it is very subjective in our discussion, if this stooge had been real, she would have had a cooling off period.

but you don't answer any of my questions though - WHY?

i have already said we have to figure what is full information and scare tactics and examples of how ew could come unstuck. you know as well as i if your selling an alarm system and get the oportuity to sell a door entry system or a camera too, do you turn it down?

if not, then a relative could say to WatchDog" my aunty onlyb wanted an alarm system - and you rep from 'AKZ Co' ripped her off by selling her a camera!

now at least answer me that one - pretty please.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I would imagine that is because, like most of use, being a member of either NSI or SSAIB is a commercial decision for you.

Can only comment on ourselves. ex directory, no sales team and website thats not operational. (web site is supposed to be customer ref broschure). But if i do something i want to do it properly. No short cuts or back door just be the best i can and NACOSS fits the bill.

I agree with most of that, however i don't think anyone on here is daft enough not to know about a good % of firms (Gold, silver or SS) that show the inspectors what they want them to see.

Open book here, many other installers large and small have visited us (some from here) and in every case we have an open book policy on proedures. I have been involved with inspections from both inspectorates and have no doubt you are correct in your observations. Please dont think all companies are the same.

Customers!

Can only comment on ourselves. ex directory, no sales team and website thats not operational. (web site is supposed to be customer ref broschure). But if i do something i want to do it properly. No short cuts or back door just be the best i can and NACOSS fits the bill.

Open book here, many other installers large and small have visited us (some from here) and in every case we have an open book policy on proedures. I have been involved with inspections from both inspectorates and have no doubt you are correct in your observations. Please dont think all companies are the same.

Of course i don't think they are all the same, that was my point.

You can work to and beyond the standards required, which i'm sure you do. Or you can fake it on a few jobs and get the office looking something like for a day, I have seen both and we are in the first group.

I know it could be alot worse, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be any better.

QFA very similar we are in the YP but not as an add, our number isnt exdirectory and our website works,90% of our work comes from recommendation or existing customers.

Same here when the inspector calls he can see from our certificate list what we have installed he chooses where to go, we may not get all A+ but we dont get any non conformance's

tbf = To Be Fair

Thanks

What do you think it means?

opinions devid on being 'ripped off' as it is very subjective in our discussion, if this stooge had been real, she would have had a cooling off period.

You get a cooling off period for everything you buy, it doesnt excuse scare tactic selling, and I cant see your point in thinking it does?

I answered them you just dont like my answers

i have already said we have to figure what is full information and scare tactics and examples of how ew could come unstuck. you know as well as i if your selling an alarm system and get the oportuity to sell a door entry system or a camera too, do you turn it down?

if not, then a relative could say to WatchDog" my aunty onlyb wanted an alarm system - and you rep from 'AKZ Co' ripped her off by selling her a camera!

We live in the real world here not in Arfur Land , if I sell a customer a telephone entry system or a CCTV system to go with there alarm system, A: I wont be telling them their gonna die if they dont have it and which is the point discussed B: They get a cooling off period LOL

Plum

Arfur

TBPFH (TO BE PERFECTLY F'G HONEST) FA will do

You get a cooling off period for everything you buy, it doesnt excuse scare tactic selling, and I cant see your point in thinking it does?

everyone knows my response was to what was being addressed, you said scaringpeople out of there pensions or savings, she signs contratc she can retract from it simple as and please stop BS ing

i never get the answers to the questions asked - anybody want to accuss me of that?

We live in the real world here not in Arfur Land , if I sell a customer a telephone entry system or a CCTV system to go with there alarm system, A: I wont be telling them their gonna die if they dont have it and which is the point discussed B: They get a cooling off period LOL

so you sell it as a Christmas present from the grand kids,? don't make me laugh Pete - as it happens i rather like 'Arthurs World'. 1) it speaks plain languadge, 2), its simple 3) ITS HONEST!!!

as for NSI land Hmmmm!....................the BWF would stop my plain honest simple response but do's it have one L or 2?

Plum

so this means you can't, but at least a bang on description of me imo - i.e. not crooked bone in my body matey so a reference meaning totally upright and perpendicular - in engineering terms d you 'parley' wink.gif

Arfur

//NEXT//

TBPFH (TO BE PERFECTLY F'G HONEST) FA will do

everyone knows my response was to what was being addressed, you said scaringpeople out of there pensions or savings, she signs contratc she can retract from it simple as and please stop BS ing

i never get the answers to the questions asked - anybody want to accuss me of that?

so you sell it as a Christmas present from the grand kids,? don't make me laugh Pete - as it happens i rather like 'Arthurs World'. 1) it speaks plain languadge, 2), its simple 3) ITS HONEST!!!

as for NSI land Hmmmm!....................the BWF would stop my plain honest simple response but do's it have one L or 2?

Plum

so this means you can't, but at least a bang on description of me imo - i.e. not crooked bone in my body matey so a reference eaning totally upright and perpendicular - in ngineering terms wink.gif

Arfur

//NEXT//

LOL Anyone reading this can see, you're only kidding yourself Arfur. Ignoring the point doesn't make you right it makes you ignorant.

ninja.gif

LOL Anyone reading this can see, you're only kidding yourself Arfur. Ignoring the point doesn't make you right it makes you ignorant.

since when and where have i ever ignored anything? am i not the INFAMOUSE KING ARFUR known for being happy to debate/argue?

seems to me (and i'd bet others) your own words or lack of answers to me more like, convict you. so stop patronising and make your point

Arfur

//i own the needle joke btw//

Archived