Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

Guest RJBsec

Shock reporting, no facts, no evidence. Now where have we seen that before?? ah, yes. The BBC.

If they'd linked to the actual data then yes, it may have weight. Without the data, it has none.

You'll have to take that up with the BBC Andrew, Age Concern and others obviously also reviewed the data - is the Home Office report shocking? Yes I think so, that the actions of a thief can lead to premature death is shocking in anybody's view I would have thought.

For anyone interested: The Report

Arf

UKAS inspect the inspectorates ie ssaib / nsi etc. If you have a complaint about them you would go to UKAS

If you have a complaint about an installer etc then you need to complain to the relevant inspectorate. However you will need evidence, for obvious reasons.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

load of tosh

"One point to bear in mind is

that the sample were already living in sheltered

accommodation, they may be frailer and more

vulnerable than older people living in their own homes.

It was always recognised, given the scale of this study, that

the results would be suggestive rather than conclusive."

"Key points

l The study was on a small scale"

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

You'll have to take that up with the BBC Andrew, Age Concern and others obviously also reviewed the data - is the Home Office report shocking? Yes I think so, that the actions of a thief can lead to premature death is shocking in anybody's view I would have thought.

Don't have a problem with the report Rodger, it's headline grabbing statements that are disengenuous.

A search on google based on the headline brought up several 'shock' reports and publications. Only when you read carefully do you see all -may, could, might possiblilty of - within these publications. In effect, all assumptions with no actual evidence to support the viewpoint.

That said, 80+ yrs old is a fair innings, how many were already becoming frail and were selected by the feral scumbags because of this? A difficult one to provee either way.

so - hows this any different to the actions your condeming? (sic)

Guest RJBsec

Don't have a problem with the report Rodger, it's headline grabbing statements that are disengenuous.

A search on google based on the headline brought up several 'shock' reports and publications. Only when you read carefully do you see all -may, could, might possiblilty of - within these publications. In effect, all assumptions with no actual evidence to support the viewpoint.

That said, 80+ yrs old is a fair innings, how many were already becoming frail and were selected by the feral scumbags because of this? A difficult one to provee either way.

Perhaps I should remind everyone that the report wasn't mine, it was from the Home Office!

My own view is that if the report had shown that only one 'pensioner' had died that would have been one too many. As it is there were sufficient to be a 'statistic', whereas they were someone's mother/father, nan/grandad etc and no one deserves to die of 'fear' whatever their age might be.

I hasten to suggest Andrew that you might well want to live to be 81 when you have your 80th birthday!

Perhaps I should remind everyone that the report wasn't mine, it was from the Home Office!

the report is linked (except its dead) from your website - how is this different to the behaviour your condemming? (sic)

That said, 80+ yrs old is a fair innings,

my nan is 84, whilst I' am not bringing it to the attention of the forum to fix rodger up with a younger women,

I spoke to my aunt the other day & she's concerned about her repeating her self & putting things down & loosing them, she 84!

I' am worse than that now,

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

my nan is 84, whilst I' am not bringing it to the attention of the forum to fix rodger up with a younger women,

I spoke to my aunt the other day & she's concerned about her repeating her self & putting things down & loosing them, she 84!

I' am worse than that now,

my short term memory is atrocious, been looking at ways to try to improve it.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived