Security Installer Community

Direct Response Security On Rogue Traders

give the impression that the system generates a guaranteed direct or rapid response from the police or other emergency services;[*]

bearing the above in mind aim at ALL registered companies -:

so do you tell your clients clearly at the outset any detector on the exit/enry/access route is ot able to transmit a confirmed signal?

so do you tell your clients there is no immediate transmittion to Central Station, but it is delayed until the confirmation process has been completed?

so, you tell your clients the 1st call from centrql station is to key holders only, and Ploce will at that stage be unaware?

lets be simple, how do yo inform and what of?

*deceive consumers in relation to the prices normally charged by the company for the product, and installation costs.

so never offer a discount as this is illigal

Mike Haley, OFT Director of Consumer Protection said: "We are pleased to have worked closely with Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards to obtain undertakings particularly as this case involved consumers receiving potentially false information as they made crucial and sensitive decisions on the security of their homes. It is important that businesses provide upfront and accurate information when selling products and services."

see text in RED

Arfur

Hang on a moment.

Tens of thousands of customer?

As seen on TV?

Close working relationship with Trading standards?

Special relationship with both alarm industry Inspectorates?

A more thourough inspection regime than other alarm companies?

I think i want one

if we order 2 - can we get a discount?

anyone want to advertise 'approval' and the protection offered as a wonderful thing then?

Arfur

They seem to be using trading standards involvement as some sort of endorsement. I wonder if trading standards know about that? Somebody fancy giving them a call?

i'm sure they watch watchdog whistle.gif

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Mirror Report:-

[*] Still doing this on their website currently!

note the "or other" in the report - yes? no? or just ignoring another fact that doesnt fit in with your lambast?

[bearing the above in mind aim at ALL registered companies -:

so do you tell your clients clearly at the outset any detector on the exit/enry/access route is ot able to transmit a confirmed signal?

so do you tell your clients there is no immediate transmittion to Central Station, but it is delayed until the confirmation process has been completed?

so, you tell your clients the 1st call from centrql station is to key holders only, and Ploce will at that stage be unaware?

lets be simple, how do yo inform and what of?

Arfur

Arfur

Post your company name andress in public and I will happily have one of the girls in the office send you a copy quote (all the details are on there)

Reply from NSI

Thanks you for your recent email with your comments concerning Direct Response Security Systems Ltd.

We have logged your query as a complaint on our database and passed it to our director of standards and certification, Mr Ian Sanderson, for his attention.

Mr Sanderson is away from his desk this week but no doubt will be addressing your query when he returns.

Regards.

Wendy Round

Customer & Technical Support

National Security Inspectorate (NSI):

James have you had a response from SSAIB yet?

Guest RJBsec

{Ignoring the bore}

Pete - will be interesting to hear the response when you get it - as for SSAIB response I wouldn't hold my breath, nothing was ever openly discussed after the Wiltshire Police complaint.

{Ignoring the bore}

Pete - will be interesting to hear the response when you get it - as for SSAIB response I wouldn't hold my breath, nothing was ever openly discussed after the Wiltshire Police complaint.

I was under the impression the NSI had already responded??

Archived