Security Installer Community

GT600/601 Panel with Vo-COMM voice dialer.

leew87

10 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

And in fairness any sort of external notification is a blessing  as most systems I work on are just bells only  when they really should have monitoring   or they had monitoring but cancelled it

And for that 1% that it can fail doesn't make the other 99% not worth it

And be honest  what is the likelyhood for someone to attack a wifi network and then break into a house at the same time or when the wifi is out to just to break into a house

Best tell the insurance companies then

Also there are reports of wifi jammers being used mainly to disable cctv notifications.

IMO most alarms without some form of signalling are a bit useless. Neighbours note the time it rings to complain about the noise. If any burglar knew no one was coming they are going to carry on

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Virgin are saying to me 99% of alarms systems are ok with it as there digital phone line system (VOIP) is the same as a phone line its just digital you can even plug standard landline phone into it without issue but require me to confirm this before signing up i dont want to be left in a postition when they install it wont work. 

If you sold fibre for a living thats what you would say too, then when it doesnt work, just say oh dear your system is one of the 1%.

Of course your installer has told you it needs to be upgraded, you asked them their advice, and that is their advice. Most here would give the same or similar advice, not because anyone wants your money, we make no financial gain giving you advice but you came here asking for advice.

Your cheaper alternate would be to add a gsm dialler as suggested by other, this will have additional monthly fees for SIM etc, there are wifi signalling units out there too, but again there will be costs for these too as they work via servers which cost money to keep running.

What I will say is your Vocom will be no good after 2025 as openreach plan to digitise all pstn by then anyway.

My advice would be upgrade the panel if you can afford to, if you cannot, the choices are GSM or Wifi if your installer has a universal Wifi solution 

11 hours ago, leew87 said:

i have a RISCO GT600/601 Panel with Vo-COMM voice dialer fitted with my alarm system

house / shop ?

11 hours ago, leew87 said:

i have tried asking the company that install it but they are very little help they are just saying i need a whole new system etc i think this is just for the money. 

no maintenance ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Best tell the insurance companies then

Also there are reports of wifi jammers being used mainly to disable cctv notifications.

IMO most alarms without some form of signalling are a bit useless. Neighbours note the time it rings to complain about the noise. If any burglar knew no one was coming they are going to carry on

Most of my panels are not on wifi  they are hard wired 

Almost all of (in my case) domestic situations do not care about the whole £2 they get off a year  they want it just as a deterrent   they adamantly do not want monitoring or any other pay monthly system      and the app is just frosting on top  

Having the ability to just check up on the house  even if it's not 100% reliable is better than a bells only system  which they would have had instead 

32 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

Almost all of (in my case) domestic situations do not care about the whole £2 they get off a year  they want it just as a deterrent   they adamantly do not want monitoring or any other pay monthly system

you'd be better off as an employee ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

8 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

Meh I'm getting plenty of business 

Business yes 

But you definitely not earning enough shekels

Maybe you better go work for jb-eye?

33 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Good, however the really hard bit is getting enough £ though the door to pay staff.

One man band , sub everything you don't want ?