Security Installer Community

GT600/601 Panel with Vo-COMM voice dialer.

leew87

51 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

One man band , sub everything you don't want ? 

I make money on PMV's which need people to undertake, people to book in & people to ensure we get paid

Stuff like turning up in Scarborough at 08:30 on a Saturday to do a bit of port forwarding or some parts of most installs appear to need me to turn up at some point to ensure its done quick enough, all the items are fitted in the correct place or simply to press the right buttons to make it work.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

As you get bigger you need more people to answer the phone, run around doing the servicing, and installing. My full time job nowadays is surveying and selling the stuff, I do go out when we get busy and I have done on more than one occasion over the last couple of years, but I get a backlog of office work when I do, hence why you will eventually need staff, and they are hard work.

For your ability Logan I would employ you like a shot, but from reading your posts I dont think you would last very long working for me. You are definately are a very clever bright young man, with a talent for electronics, you have a good understanding which many people of your age and for that matter any age sadly lack. But I think you may well be pretty much unemployable (which is not a criticism, many on here that run their own business including myself are unemployable) just because its your way or the highway attitude, as you get older and get a bit more life experience that will change. You will do well though, to achieve what you have so far at your age is a big thing and I admire you for that.

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

For your ability Logan.......But I think you may well be pretty much unemployable

Go & work with the spackers* & slackers* at a large alarm alarm co.

You'll get a decent car /van

See thousands of different jobs

Loads of different products

Loads of old alarm tat to take away

Loads of new alarm gear to squirrel away for your own jobs

Colleagues who you can learn from, or get gear they've squirrelled away /  saved from the skip

& Earn a lot more than being a hobby co.

* I'm sure theres a few decent people too ?

Edited by MrHappy

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

3 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Go & work with the spackers* & slackers* at a large alarm alarm co.

I reckon he is another Aaron, starts of like he has and builds himself a nice little empire, I agree working for someone else is how you learn the trade and earn some cash, thats how most of us started our empires, and our bosses before us.

58 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I reckon he is another Aaron, starts of like he has and builds himself a nice little empire, I agree working for someone else is how you learn the trade and earn some cash, thats how most of us started our empires, and our bosses before us.

the problems with being a teenage alarm man-

you've not seen enough work to have lots of experience

the job is antisocial, unless you refuse maintenance, you are the subscribers bitch.... my phone rings everyday with everyone else's problems...

Should you be the worlds greatest alarm man..... but look about 12 & appear like you should be playing on your stateboard in the park. you won't win the proper jobs as the customer doesn't believe your experienced enough.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

On 29/09/2022 at 10:49, PeterJames said:

For your ability Logan I would employ you like a shot, but from reading your posts I dont think you would last very long working for me. You are definately are a very clever bright young man, with a talent for electronics, you have a good understanding which many people of your age and for that matter any age sadly lack. But I think you may well be pretty much unemployable (which is not a criticism, many on here that run their own business including myself are unemployable) just because its your way or the highway attitude, as you get older and get a bit more life experience that will change. You will do well though, to achieve what you have so far at your age is a big thing and I admire you for that.

I wouldn't be employable as I have autism and several other disabilities which would make me not wanted or capable of employment

However I'm doing quite well for business since I only change for parts and take a donation for labour  helping people get alarm systems for those who wouldn't be able to afford it from a normal company  I also been put off from working for a company (not saying all are but the 2 most local ones to me) as I seen so many awful installations and some that are downright deathtraps from these companies 

5 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

I wouldn't be employable as I have autism and several other disabilities which would make me not wanted or capable of employment

there are suitable roles for everyone regardless of your circumstance

by not being employed your limit yourself to be dependant on benefits / family to support you & limit your social circle ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

3 hours ago, MrHappy said:

there are suitable roles for everyone regardless of your circumstance

by not being employed your limit yourself to be dependant on benefits / family to support you & limit your social circle ?

I often help out a decent family run company  but they are not looking for new employees 

Hi All 

thanks for your input

if i was looking to go down the rout of upgrading my panel would you upgrade my current system with a  

1) Risco Lightsys+ panel (without monitoring). 

2) Replace the how system with Verisure (monitored system) (altho verisure do not currently have smoke detectors) they say these are very close to being released as my current system does. 

we are a small business in a small shop on a residential parade.