Security Installer Community

What Should Happen During Power Cut?

dwdave

Thanks Charlie / SWB.

the breaker runs my garage extension and it tripped out because I had three high draw appliances running from it. No thunder and lightning etc. I was present when it went.

12v hold off is present when it's powered up. I'm guessing, but will check, it goes with the mains.

I will swap the batteries over and replicate the problem.

Ive have checked both batteries and they hold 12.74v each give or take.

'till the next question ...

The batteries come in at 12.75v and 13.35v under load - the lower of the two being the one in the panel.

Ā 

The panel is the same one I had before, had plenty of power cuts there with no problems.

Ā 

I will double check all the fuses.

I would guess at "probably wrong" but I followed some instructions from the forum ...

Ā 

H+ & H- are the 12V hold off supply from the panel.

TR & TS are tamper return & tamper supply. The TS is linked to H- by the little wire link at the top. You need to cut this if you want to use TWO SABs in order to connect the tampers in series.

R- & S- are the negative triggers for the siren & strobe respectively.

ENG is the engineer hold off. Connecting this to +12V will by pass the tamper switches on the module & allow you to remove the cover with out the SAB sounding. Connect to a panel output which goes to +12V when the ENG code is entered.

Ā 

Fault - is the output of the internal self test circuit which operates every 24hrs. It goes to +12V when the module detects an internal failure.

REM TST - allows the internal self test to be triggered on demand.

Ā 

Ā 

I would suggest the fault is at the panel though because as soon as the power is pulled from the panel, all the leds on the rios stop and the system stops working.

Let's make sure it's not the ebay buy that is causing the problem. I realise it's a pain in the proverbials but, remove everything that you have added to the control panel since it last worked correctly, rio's etc. What are the high loads you are referring to, a relay has a stated current and voltage rating which it will not go beyond (well not that often anyway). I am assuming that the outputs of the rio's are relays rather than transistorised ...wouldn't know, never seen them !! When you are satisfied that the control panel is working correctly, add the rio's but not the 'high loads' which you refer to. If both the panel and rio's are ok, attach one 'load' at a time. You can find the fault by a gradualĀ  process of elimination... I've had a few good units from ebay so I can't knock them that much..However, remember that dirty relay contacts (if they are fitted) can cause some strange faults..If you find that a relay is clicking in and out it might be worth cleaning the contacts..That said, I don't know anything about the rio's you are using.