Security Installer Community

What Should Happen During Power Cut?

dwdave

Charlie I completely missed your post #20.

I believe the outputs all over the panel and the rios are transistotised, in that they are not relays. Apart from the strobe driver.

My high load outputs are an Elmedene siren (yellow branded one) and an elmedene internal high low sounder with strobe. On the grand scheme I'm guessing they aren't that high.

Possibly confused the matter when I referred to high load devices earlier on in the thread which caused the breaker to go. I meant the tumble dryer, washing machine and vacuum cleaner. They aren't connected to the panel by the way.

'till the next question ...

I've made a few other comments recently which may, or may not, be dismissed out of hand by the experts, but I would still want to be convinced that there either is or is not a fault at the panel. The point is this, I would not be prepared to pursue any avenue until I am totally convinced that the panel is at fault or otherwise. I assume your rio's are from ebay (correct me), I have no end of gear bought on ebay and second hand at that, some of it worked first time some of it didn't, so I understand why the experts are a bit 'bothered' as it were. But, the ebay purchases could be working first class whilst the panel is not, and vice versa...and I personally would not consider continuing any venture without categoric proof one way or the other. 

Nova Security  ".... thats why the panel was sold on ebay, its faulty..."

Hang on, am I chasing my tail here ? I didn't know the panel was from ebay, I thought only the rio's were from ebay. Always believed that the panel was an original !!!

I go along with that Admin, but you would appreciate were I called to a site with these problems my first priority would be to establish when, and if, this control panel worked properly..I'm afraid I must stand by that way of working.

Nothing wrong with that

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.