Security Installer Community

What Should Happen During Power Cut?

dwdave

I think I'll be ending up with around 30 but I'm using a few rios to reduce runs and increase op.

I have about 4 in place at the moment but will likely end up with more. Especially if I go wireless in some areas.

'till the next question ...

I think you have badly designed your system, using  rios to reduce runs only makes sense and saves money if you have 8 circuits that are 100m away from the panel. 

A GD48 would have give you 16zones onboard and 4 rios and the software on the panel is more suited to a home then a 500/520 which are aimed more at high security installations that need other things.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I had a job lot of rios so I wasn't to bothered about that.

Equally it gives me lots of little runs that can easily be replaced or moved later if required.

Agreed its not the best way though.

Bear in mind that 1 rio was going to be used for integration to my raspberry pi however I have only briefly looked at the galaxy app and not sure what that can do for me at the moment. I believe I need the ethernet module for that to work.

'till the next question ...

How do you definitely and without doubt know that it is a panel fault... anybody ? DWdave have you checked the panel (see earlier post) ?

Could be due to the fact that he has checked the fuse's and the panel doesn't stay on when the mains is removed.

Not a panel fault more the smart rio inside the 500

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Nova Security "...Could be due to the fact that he has checked the fuse's and the panel doesn't stay on when the mains is removed..."

Fair comment, missed that post, This is hypocritical but it might be worth checking the panel in it's last known good configuration without the rio's. 

"....Not a panel fault more the smart rio inside the 500..."  That was my reasoning at Post 20.