Security Installer Community

To Charge Or Not To Charge?

lamplight73

Do you ever give a bad answer? Nail on the head every time.

He once said 'i do' and gave up all his happiness :).

Personally, i'd, fit battery and leads but tell the client a white lie, just that it was a faulty battery terminal which had corroded the lead to smooth the client down, not charge the client it should not ever have occurred in the first place.

tbh i din't care it was Sunday, just treat it as though it was the fault and report it as such. But i'd be very annoyed, so me being me, there would be a fierce 'personal word' had.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

He once said 'i do' and gave up all his happiness :).

Personally, i'd, fit battery and leads but tell the client a white lie, just that it was a faulty battery terminal which had corroded the lead to smooth the client down, not charge the client it should not ever have occurred in the first place.

tbh i din't care it was Sunday, just treat it as though it was the fault and report it as such. But i'd be very annoyed, so me being me, there would be a fierce 'personal word' had.

it won't become a habit but have to say I agree with arf,it's exactly what id do..

True arf, very true. I think that would wash if it was the first time, I guess it might still look just as bad though

if the fault was 'always happening'...

no argument here, as Peter says might be another reason for it.

i had similar while working fir the last firm, but on a much bigger scale, real humid night, no calls i slunk off to Dagenham pager sounds. bugger, find phone box, get sent to go to St Johns Wood, this is 20:10 i finish at 20:30. Get told this woman is rotating, been plagued with false alarms, everyone including the night man and three supervisors has been their, night man to scarred to go back, it's really been sold to me, i don't even get their until gone 21:30

Old style system with circuit batts. Read the card all sorts of very ingenious entries, one blaming a tortoise ( i kid you not) client beating on me like we are married,

Tops out first battery terminal i try is loose, i can't believe it myself - what chance the client? so i put on a show, bang around with a tack hammer, another half hour gone bur client happy at least, until i accidentally spill a pint of appetiser all over her persian rug. she insisted i rest it on a writing desk, it aquaplaned on the polish due to condensation, i can't help incase i cause more damage, can't ask her to sign to let me go home until she is done, finally get home near 2am, but have to be up and into office early to fill in accident report.

I can still see my 'colleagues' falling about on the floor - b'stards, but boy did i have some excellent blackmail material on the supervisors, did not worry about being late in or off early for months ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

no argument here, as Peter says might be another reason for it.

i had similar while working fir the last firm, but on a much bigger scale, real humid night, no calls i slunk off to Dagenham pager sounds. bugger, find phone box, get sent to go to St Johns Wood, this is 20:10 i finish at 20:30. Get told this woman is rotating, been plagued with false alarms, everyone including the night man and three supervisors has been their, night man to scarred to go back, it's really been sold to me, i don't even get their until gone 21:30

Old style system with circuit batts. Read the card all sorts of very ingenious entries, one blaming a tortoise ( i kid you not) client beating on me like we are married,

Tops out first battery terminal i try is loose, i can't believe it myself - what chance the client? so i put on a show, bang around with a tack hammer, another half hour gone bur client happy at least, until i accidentally spill a pint of appetiser all over her persian rug. she insisted i rest it on a writing desk, it aquaplaned on the polish due to condensation, i can't help incase i cause more damage, can't ask her to sign to let me go home until she is done, finally get home near 2am, but have to be up and into office early to fill in accident report.

I can still see my 'colleagues' falling about on the floor - b'stards, but boy did i have some excellent blackmail material on the supervisors, did not worry about being late in or off early for months ;).

arf that sounds like 50 shades of alarm engineer..or readers wives at least

Archived