Security Installer Community

To Charge Or Not To Charge?

lamplight73

If you could prove the battery was missing from the factory, I'd expect it, yes.

If its under warranty, it will be all hours, via free 24/7 AA or RAC cover anyway.

Basically, if an employee of mine f++ked up a system of mine, and then tried to cover it up,
I'd try and keep the customer sweet with no arguments, and if it was a deliberate or

negligent act on  the part of the employee, deal with them 2nd.

Admittedly we don't know the full story here. Customer could have been told battery is fooked

and that leaving it in would kill the charger. Customer says 'I don't care just take it out, I'm not

buying a new one' and eng does just that but doesn't write it down. Still bad, but not quite as bad.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If you could prove the battery was missing from the factory, I'd expect it, yes.

If its under warranty, it will be all hours, via free 24/7 AA or RAC cover anyway.

The AA can do basic things with a car anything major & the car goes to the dealer, if your lucky you'll get a body shop car to run about in, they won't be opening up the place out of hrs to help you out.

Basically, if an employee of mine f++ked up a system of mine, and then tried to cover it up,

I'd try and keep the customer sweet with no arguments, and if it was a deliberate or

negligent act on the part of the employee, deal with them 2nd.

Admittedly we don't know the full story here. Customer could have been told battery is fooked

and that leaving it in would kill the charger. Customer says 'I don't care just take it out, I'm not

buying a new one' and eng does just that but doesn't write it down. Still bad, but not quite as bad.

I'd rather not get involved in any battles, on the jobsheet I would have wrote

"System looses network devices after power failure, installed "X"Ah battery, leads + fuse."

Any concerns in the companies engineering std's need passing up your chain of command.

OP hold old is this system ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

The AA can do basic things with a car anything major & the car goes to the dealer, if your lucky you'll get a body shop car to run about in, they won't be opening up the place out of hrs to help you out.

>> Exactly my point, a battery is a commodity item and if its missing is clearly no harm in replacing.

I'd rather not get involved in any battles, on the jobsheet I would have wrote

"System looses network devices after power failure, installed "X"Ah battery, leads + fuse."

Any concerns in the companies engineering std's need passing up your chain of command.

OP hold old is this system ?

>> Agreed on this visit. I just meant the previous visit, thats what the other eng could have done.

TBH unless I was the owner of the co I wouldn't be asking here I'd just be telling the boss straight

away how it was and letting him worry about it.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

TBH unless I was the owner of the co I wouldn't be asking here

I think its a very good question to ask, having been out on site today for a CMV only to have the full household telling me how where ripping them off left right & center for visits & parts when the historical record states something different has only reinforced my view that no good deed goes unpunished.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived