Security Installer Community

Another Which Wireless Alarm Thread

thorfun

All i can say is fook right off (in the nicest way mate)

Ive got a grands worth of kit just about to ripped out and skipped, me and the customer are well fooked off.

Their latest top of the range kit, but its just the same risco *****, not thought out enough.

The concept is good, but the manual, the kit, the app, the online access, the UDL is absolutley fooking shocking.

Appologies for the language in public BUT it needs to be pointed out what kack it is.

Never had issues like yours Adi.

If your case is that bad I would get a Risco tech guy on site and they do this to address different installs.

If you could tell me about the problems or pm as you know I install the Risco equipment please.

!

PM me your number and i'll give a bell in the morning, ive spoke to tech, for what its worth, sound lads just having to support ****.

also cloud went down last weekend and as they said today 'they've spent millions on the servers' ripped off there then. as me and the client said, what happened to their back-up plan.

My client is well pissed off, it quite clearly does not do what it says on the tin, ive spent hours trying to sort it, some things are just how wireless is, GSM signal strength, gsm provider ect..., that i can put up with, client being a funny fooker, i can just about live with, but 'the risco way' does my box right in, thats why i stop using them, wish i had left it that way.

As i said to the client to day, the concept is good, just needs castle or tex or another main player to sort it out. Yale would have a better go at it.

:) well maybe not, lol

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Never had issues like yours Adi.

If your case is that bad I would get a Risco tech guy on site and they do this to address different installs.

If you could tell me about the problems or pm as you know I install the Risco equipment please.

Also, where is that skip?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

No way is this kit as bad as others state.

Prove me and many installation company's with what faults occurred and we can talk about it?

No way is this kit as bad as others state.

Prove me and many installation company's with what faults occurred and we can talk about it?

!

if cloud is enabled, i cant get voice to dial out, even though call to all FM is Y.

got a couple of devices not always reporting to panel.

UDL is very slow, only half or less of the programming is available on udl, how ***** is that.

You have to come out of engineer mode to do udl.

Camera image is poor.

PIR are mounted to low, should have had adjustable tilt on camera, ive heard that is being look at, should have been there at the start.

Cloud gone down.

Images slow to go just after alarm.

When using cloud on-line, or three details - username, password and code have to be entered everytime.

Assembling the detector seemed ***** to me.

This place has the foil lined insulation boards which isnt brilliant, but i can put up with moving panel around.

GSM signal was pants, installed high gain aerial, original orange sim didnt have the coverage, vodaphone sim sorted that.

I'll add more when i remember them.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Thanks all. I've found a couple of SSAIB companies that supply Texecom. I'll give them a call tomorrow and get them to quote.

had one guy out today to have a look around (not got the quote yet for cost comparison) but he offered the W-24 and said that as the external bell needs to be wired to the panel and the cable will be run under the carpet and into the loft he could put in wired detectors upstairs and that would save on cost a bit! the first person to offer that even though one of the other systems needed a wired bell as well. i thought that was a good plus point for the Texecom and this company as he actually sounded like an engineer rather than just a surveyor. i'll have to wait and see what the quote is like!

had one guy out today to have a look around (not got the quote yet for cost comparison) but he offered the W-24 and said that as the external bell needs to be wired to the panel and the cable will be run under the carpet and into the loft he could put in wired detectors upstairs and that would save on cost a bit! the first person to offer that even though one of the other systems needed a wired bell as well. i thought that was a good plus point for the Texecom and this company as he actually sounded like an engineer rather than just a surveyor. i'll have to wait and see what the quote is like!

Did he also ask for some water for his horse outside?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Neither a decent engineer or surveyor would suggest running cables under a carpet though!.

I can see why you say that but realistically someone going to go the effort of ripping up the floor? Thought tex had a wireless bell out or are just about to?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/