Security Installer Community

Another Which Wireless Alarm Thread

thorfun

I have a Texecom Premier 48 in my house, and it's AMAZING. I can control it with an app, monitor it myselfwith SMS, and I'm sure that their wireless is great too! I can even use the X10 com to control lights. Plus, Wintex is extremely easy to use (not got the usbcom yet).

I know that Agility 3 isnt very good, but their Gardtec wired systems are OK.

Never used Enforcer or i-on but have used a BT Home Monitor before becoming an installer, which I believe is a rebadged power ax.

Yes bt home monitor is rebadged powermax with hard coded digi phone nos.

Bt tried again to break into the home security market since then, but just like the first time

Gave up and ended up dumping £££ of stock for pennies.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yes bt home monitor is rebadged powermax with hard coded digi phone nos.

Bt tried again to break into the home security market since then, but just like the first time

Gave up and ended up dumping £££ of stock for pennies.

Your joking bt security had thousands of customers the first time round and sold it to modern,good kit and installs too all hard wired and used a wireless kit based on scanny

Yes, I'm sure the original 80's BT security did well.

I mean their attempts from circa 2000s onwards to sell DIY kits.

First with the powermax circa 2002ish and then again quite recently with ?chinese custom made kit.

Both were abject failures in terms of market cap, despite being tied to monitoring. AFAIK the monitoring

service IS still available on the original powermax kit but long since sold off by BT to some 3rd party.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands