Security Installer Community

Another Which Wireless Alarm Thread

thorfun

I wouldn't rule out Texe just because you feel your house is 'too small' - its still a great system, and

well manufactured. With 9 devices or so. the mesh should have plenty to work with! Plus, the Texe 12W has

4 on board wired zones which might be useful. The HKC and Siemens are good too, although you might

have to look around a bit to find a Siemens installer!

I always bring demo kit to customers myself, I know some think its a bit old-school but from a customer

point of view that's exactly what I'd want - to see what I'm getting not just a scruffy piece of paper with

a single figure on it.

And as everyone said, don't just go with the cheapest - use the company that you feel the most

happy with, and do invite some SSAIB companies to quote for comparison.

Also be aware some advice is for your benefit, not just to make more money for the company!

For example, the number of times I've been told "we want to save a bit of money, so don't think

we need those detectors upstairs" is a good example. It's only when  I explain without them, a burglar

could, for example, be straight through the door, up the stairs, and not have to worry about an alarm,

let alone a confirmed alarm, for a good 20 seconds it hits home.

Good luck!

Thanks. I will check out the SSAIB site as well. I think the developers we're buying from use a company that install Texecom as I recall seeing a panel that looks like the W-12 with Texecom on it in the show home. Might ask them who they use and take a closer look at the show home panel.

I'd bet the house its a Veritas!

'Sparky special' very very basic alarm that uses the same plastics case for the main box and keypad :)

Still very well made to be fair but nowhere near as flexible as the Premier range.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

yes. one of the companies brought the Enforcer panel and PIRs around and they didn't seem excessively large at all. bigger than the wired PIRs in our current house but i guess that's to be expected. He didn't have any door contacts with him though. maybe if i decide to go with the Enforcer then I should ask to see the door contacts first to make sure they're not going to be too intrusive.

Well as a rough guide wireless contacts are more than double the size in all directions (x, y and z) of an old wired surface contact.

still....i will ask around and do some more research on it as the tech sounds cool and I like cool tech. 

thanks again Mr. Beast. :)

Anytime

www.texe.com/uk

:cough:

Id recommend the siemens or hkc wireless.

Both are not very common so possibly hard to find installers?

As I said earlier different companies like different manufacturers, some less common than others :P

Differently higher end kit than Enforcer or Powermax tho.

Also ensure your chosen company can fully support the equipment. Anyone can fit any equipment but training and backup requires more than a passing knowledge

Exactly.

You wouldn't want to force a company to fit a non-supported product or for you to be there guinea pig site.

I wouldn't rule out Texe just because you feel your house is 'too small' - its still a great system, and

well manufactured. With 9 devices or so. the mesh should have plenty to work with! Plus, the Texe 12W has

4 on board wired zones which might be useful.

Yep I agree. Another plus is it's all English. Some of us in the trade have been round and watched the stuff get built.

Personally I'd avoid using companies that can put the alarm as part of the deal for buying the house.

Get some quotes from SSAIB, ask them which systems they use,

The galaxy is made by Honeywell and is more expensive than enforcer, it's just what I'm used to fitting.

As others have said look into HKC and Texecom.

You would be better off with something like hkc or 12w etc as if you ever decide you want Monitering of any sort it will be easier to add.

Not that there is anything wrong with the enforcer it's a good bit of kit just may not be suitable depending on your needs.

Thanks Adi. 

is that due to the 2-way RF in particular or do you feel it's just a better system in general? 

who makes the Galaxy? as i guess i could go back to the company i like the most and ask if they'd install and support it!

i did get various "feelings" about the guys who came around and that will influence my decision as will the cost but, i'm just looking at a technology perspective at the moment.

one company said that if i needed something re-programmed then they would come out without charge etc. and I will factor all that in in the end. i'm putting cost near the bottom of the importance for the moment though as i don't mind paying more for better technology. if that makes sense!

thanks for the responses so far guys. really appreciate the assistance. 

2 way is a plus.

Just the right amount of programming, most wireless kit has a load of BS in it that is just not needed.

Looks smart (as they go anyway).

Reliable.

YOU GET A MANUAL WITH IT, big plus.

THe enforcer comes with 2 types of door contacts, use the mini one.

The detectors are slightly to big to be honest, but have a white gloss casing and blue LED so look smart.

Im not a fan scantronic, not used there wireless, just dont fancy it.

I agree with james with having it all in one box, im looking at seperate keypad systems at the minute, but for the price and if they end up adding pre-alarm, will be a decent kit for the all-in-one market.

If you get a quote on the ricochet stuff, ensure the installer can fully understand it and support it (ive just had right mare on a site). 

Stay away from anything risco, agility 3 being a complete sack of you know what.

Ive had no issue with galaxy wireless, but i dont look after a lot, but as stated, just 1 way.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Loads of great information, thanks again!

I've found a couple of local SSAIB approved companies that, by the looks of their website, use Texecom.

So, brings me to another question about the differences between NSI and SSAIB and why one would choose to be with one over the other and which is a better accreditation.

But maybe that's a discussion for another thread. :)

Im not a fan scantronic, not used there wireless, just dont fancy it.

+1

I think the i-on 30 is a tidy little panel and it will be hard for me to put it aside - I use it for little all-wired  ind. units etc...

But I think there a few missing features the Premier seems to offer that I won't say no to.

More importantly, Scantronic wireless is very long in the tooth now and the ion-16 is a very cut-down panel, that personally

I couldn't recommend. For example, on the 16 (unlike every other ion) your comms options are VERY limited.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Loads of great information, thanks again!

I've found a couple of local SSAIB approved companies that, by the looks of their website, use Texecom.

So, brings me to another question about the differences between NSI and SSAIB and why one would choose to be with one over the other and which is a better accreditation.

But maybe that's a discussion for another thread. :)

Or non approved if someone recommends them.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

cheers. I'll make my way through those if the footy gets too boring!

Or non approved if someone recommends them.

Good point! :thumbsup:

www.texe.com/uk

:cough:

Sweet! The W-12 has an iOS app to control the system. Love that sort of cross tech implementation. :geek: Edited by thorfun