Security Installer Community

Advice Please

uwave

Naughty Risco don't want CG playing with their panels.

Drop me a line about visiting our place, your inbox appears to be full i cannot PM you

I've cleared a few out now. Been very, very busy with the day job and a few contract bits and pieces recently.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

Its just a joke Arf!

As you can see from my earlier stuff, I rate Scantronic - for some jobs - but Paul won't touch it.

Whereas I avoid Gal like the plague.

I just can't get excited about the 'new' Risco stuff, and when I tried the new Gardtec GT line I didn't

really like it either.

Auto update sounds like a good idea but I can see how it could go wrong... I do agree it's annoying how

for a while there were, for example, Scantronic keypads with the same part no. that would not work with

later systems, unless marked 'EX' on the back; but the reality is I've only ever seen 2-3 older ones in the

wild and the new pads have been in distribution for years now and are fully backwards compatible. So

not really the end of the world.

I've not got time for Cooper anymore after they said this to me on reporting openly accessible firmware images:

"To us that would mean the hex object code of the application program that is loaded into the panel; this is of no value to anyone, I would have thought, as it cannot be reverse engineered."

Just shows a complete lack of awareness of what can be done with a firmware image... 

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

seems a strange smell of jelousy in the air or late ;)

And common sense on the part of risco.

Still waiting for texecom and 4i to openly publish all there trade secrets and commercially sensitive data.

I've not got time for Cooper anymore after they said this to me on reporting openly accessible firmware images:

"To us that would mean the hex object code of the application program that is loaded into the panel; this is of no value to anyone, I would have thought, as it cannot be reverse engineered."

Just shows a complete lack of awareness of what can be done with a firmware image... 

Not at all, how much would you charge for sorting out that major u-turn where you now get external siren with a fire

zone with no option to turn it off :)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived