Security Installer Community

Advice Please

uwave

Absolutely no guarantee of a police response but using an arc has many advantages over just a standalone communicator. For starters arc connection poll and don't rely on a hope that what worked when comissioned will do again in its hour of need.

It doesn't shock me you don't get supervision faults. See point above.

Those who fit other than Risco, will your favoured kit auto update any added kit to ensure total compatibility throughout? - Risco Lightsys and ProSys will do this automatically over the BUS, just a thought for drawing comparisons with Tex/Gal.

Nope. Galaxy, ATS, prem cannot achieve this. Auto update sounds a bit dangerous. My computer does that and sometimes I come in in the morning with it dead. Not sure if I'd enable this feature in an alarm panel even if it had it for the above reason.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Hi - Thanks again all comments are a great help.

I've priced the Texecom kit I think I need and if I may explain why.

GED004 - Kit gives control box/keypad, external arm/disarm remote, 3 mesh pir's, 1 mesh contact switch

Now the thought is when I'm away my mate or neighbour can use external arm/disarm to kill noise ASAP without need to enter house then ring my friend keyholder to come and check all is ok.

The 3 mesh pirs I can use to save me hard wiring as I planned to add 2 more pir's

1 mesh contact swtch for garage doors...it can be connected to 2 magnetic volt free switches. - Again saves hard wiring.

Given locations of mesh pirs and mesh contact I suspect all can overlap each other to keep mesh wifi strong - hence I like the idea of Mesh.

2 x Odessey 1 bells and lights

And that's all I need really -  I can add dial up so my kit can call me and my mate....so do I add landline speech dialer or gsm for twice price at £150 but added txt ability which I like in case of no answer.

Only other question I have is I realise I can use keypad to arm/disarm and have exit circuit as normal but can I also use the keyfobs PKK001 - I assume saves keying in number and you just swipe across keypad? or do I need to buy keyfob reader Premier Elite Iprox kit BBC-001 ?

Price is circ £300 excluding option of speech dialer or gsm or BBC-001.....which is fine!

Plan B could be to use hard wire and I'll do the maths but it would only be of interest if I could still use external arm/disarm key and keyfob kit to save typing in code...just cos wheer I have to put the keypad is a pain to see and use...hence keyfob appeals. - So can my plan B work? Pain is I need to hard wire garage switches and extra pir's....maybe effort is not worth the saving?

Please advise - any comments appreciated.

Absolutely no guarantee of a police response but using an arc has many advantages over just a standalone communicator. For starters arc connection poll and don't rely on a hope that what worked when comissioned will do again in its hour of need.

who said anything about just a dialler? i said Risco offer free cloud over GSM or IP.

no, i don't get your point, Risco wireless conforms to Grade 2 wireless protocols - or would you say otherwise?

Nope. Galaxy, ATS, prem cannot achieve this.

proof perfect Risco lead the market in innovation then

Auto update sounds a bit dangerous. /quote]

to luddites, or those using other makes and definitely those floundering to support old style out of date tech being surprised at how advanced the new Risco kit is ;).

My computer does that and sometimes I come in in the morning with it dead. Not sure if I'd enable this feature in an alarm panel even if it had it for the above reason.

Risco is more of a closed proposition - bit like Apple who strictly control what happens, Windows has to deal with many types of program over different ages, from many different programmers, not all work within M$ guidelines yet Windows will always get the blame. but please don't tax yourself Matt, just keep away from FaceBook links to eateries - and the more dodgy sites ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Nope. Galaxy, ATS, prem cannot achieve this. Auto update sounds a bit dangerous. My computer does that and sometimes I come in in the morning with it dead. Not sure if I'd enable this feature in an alarm panel even if it had it for the above reason.

I bet you any money matt if your kit of choice auto updated itself you would be bragging on about it as no engineer visit involved and slating others as they would have to get engineer on site.

I like Risco kit and set up properly is very reliable.

!

I bet you any money matt if your kit of choice auto updated itself you would be bragging on about it as no engineer visit involved and slating others as they would have to get engineer on site.

I like Risco kit and set up properly is very reliable.

Auto update anything is asking for it in my book. Not 1 of my servers has it enabled for this reason. Risco said they had 3 happy customers. Any idea who the 3rd one is?

Those terrible freecoms have gladly all but 20 of them been sent to poor product heaven.

Just out if interest, when it auto updates how come you don't get Comms errors?

Why does every public request for help turn into a public slanging match, discussion about the relative merits and drawbacks of equally decent brands!?

Good point. Maybe we should have an amnesty. Arf has a valid point. If joe bloggs has a budget of 10p we should advise them in 10p kit rather than advising them on the £10 kit.

Archived