Security Installer Community

Advice Please

uwave

Hi Chaps - I've decided it Texecom Mesh........all my googling and reading here seems to confirm its good kit. I've had a quick look at others suggested but to be honest I'm happy with the price, their web site and sales/support as I called them today with questions and I was very happy with prompt and informative answers and as it happens my local supplier keeps this kit too and its very popular.

All I need now is an answer to my last post to clarify my questions please.

Thanks again.

Auto update anything is asking for it in my book. Not 1 of my servers has it enabled for this reason. Risco said they had 3 happy customers. Any idea who the 3rd one is?

Those terrible freecoms have gladly all but 20 of them been sent to poor product heaven.Just out if interest, when it auto updates how come you don't get Comms errors?

no matter how hard you try Matt, Servers are a completely different issue to closed protocol alarm systems.

you have no concrete reason to 'knock' auto update, yet i can knock seven bells out of other makrs later kit when being added, often after a lot of misery found not to be compatible with said earlier kit, requiring laborious reprogramming or even replacement for each device,

We are not talking windows o/s updates every 24 hours, these device updates occur when you add a new device, it can even 'down date' a new device if attached to an earlier revision, where perhaps later options are not available.

just have a look in those maker dedicated forums to see the distress, often for poorly tested for compatibility. Alater device then causes issues when added. conversations about if you have an xyz expander with zyb psu etc, where as auto update ensure they all work in computability with each other.

and you have not commented on Risco's cloud services either.

i not the O/P spend limit for 'bells only', it's the point i made earlier. so calledTop kit is fine - IF the buyer wants it!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

@arf "Risco leads the market in innovation"

Compared to B&Q I suppose they do.

I'll consider agility3 when my guinea pig cage is at threat of burglary.

Matt, we can all resort to 'clever' unfounded trade insults disguised as banter, but is that really helping anyone in public?

Can you get me a demo of this cloud offering?

google 'Risco Cloud' or 'Agility3' or Lightsys 2'.

i'm here to help ;).

Ohhhhhhh no Arf.... I agree with you.

Steady matey - i don't want to get pregnant at my age :)

Matt, we can all resort to 'clever' unfounded trade insults disguised as banter, but is that really helping anyone in public?

I'd hardly say unfounded, I have an agility 3 and wisdom estate! Detest the later more than the first.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I'd hardly say unfounded, I have an agility 3 and wisdom estate! Detest the later more than the first.

not sure when was we talking Wisdom? only one way rf, i installed about 20 of them no issue's, but now basically dropped in favour of the far better all wireless Agility, I suppose fills a niche if needing onboard keypad.

Archived