Security Installer Community

Advice Please

uwave

They don't seem to want to speak to me about anything, seeing as I'm hellbent on breaking things.

Naughty Risco don't want CG playing with their panels.

Drop me a line about visiting our place, your inbox appears to be full i cannot PM you

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Its just a joke Arf!

As you can see from my earlier stuff, I rate Scantronic - for some jobs - but Paul won't touch it.

Whereas I avoid Gal like the plague.

I just can't get excited about the 'new' Risco stuff, and when I tried the new Gardtec GT line I didn't

really like it either.

Auto update sounds like a good idea but I can see how it could go wrong... I do agree it's annoying how

for a while there were, for example, Scantronic keypads with the same part no. that would not work with

later systems, unless marked 'EX' on the back; but the reality is I've only ever seen 2-3 older ones in the
wild and the new pads have been in distribution for years now and are fully backwards compatible. So
not really the end of the world.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Its just a joke Arf!

As you can see from my earlier stuff, I rate Scantronic - for some jobs - but Paul won't touch it.

Whereas I avoid Gal like the plague.

I just can't get excited about the 'new' Risco stuff, and when I tried the new Gardtec GT line I didn't

really like it either.

Auto update sounds like a good idea but I can see how it could go wrong... I do agree it's annoying how

for a while there were, for example, Scantronic keypads with the same part no. that would not work with

later systems, unless marked 'EX' on the back; but the reality is I've only ever seen 2-3 older ones in the

wild and the new pads have been in distribution for years now and are fully backwards compatible. So

not really the end of the world.

tbh all the Gardtec control kit, while very reliable is fairly expensive on parts, by the time you buy a new keypad, your nearly at the cost of a Lightsys with rkp and end station. The software on it is so sophisticated it simply leaves the G range in the dust,

and the touch screen rkp just sells itself to the more house proud or geeky clients.

Place the Risco Touch screen alongside a Gal or Scany RKP it is just not a fair competition based on aesthetics, the Texecom is likely second overall in this aesthetic aspect, i just don't like the rio's (sorry Adrian but i just don't).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Wrong manufacturer arf. Rios are Honeywell.

ok, my bad - so them to ;).

and the risco touch screen isn't a patch on the galaxy one..

but thats the problem - you need a galaxy panel to go with it ;)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived